verizon.net email through uverse wifi connection
Jeff1B

Years ago I had verizon as my ISP. When I moved verizon was not available at my new location. I wanted to keep our verizon.net email addresses and was told that if I have verizon host a domain for me I could keep my email addresses, so I did this. At my new location I started with brighthouse as my ISP and everything was fine. Recently I switched to ATT Uverse, When I did this I could no longer authenticate into verizon smtp servers on any of our phones or laptops when connected to WIFI. Email still worked fine on 4G connection though.

I found a brief mention that Verizon blacklists ATT residention IP addresses from accessing their email servers. I tried to open a ticket with Verizon to see what I need to do to get my IP on a white list, but it has been weeks and Verizon has never responded. How can I get this issue resolved?

Also note that while verizon.net email is supported by verizon residential products getting support from them is difficult for me because while I have active verizon.net email accounts with them I don't actually have an active billing account with them. The support techs often seem confused about this and direct me to verizon domain hosting support. But the domain hosting support people say they have nothing to do with verizon.net email and direct me back to the support group I started with.

Thanks,

Jeff B

0 Likes
Re: verizon.net email through uverse wifi connection
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes