Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
30% now on Share Everything.
Not applicable

I though people hated this plan so much there would be a mass exodus? Even once you take the new customers out of the equation 25% of old customers who could choose to stay on the old plans are now on Share Everything.

0 Likes
Re: 30% now on Share Everything.
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Of those 'old' customers on Share Everything ... how many chose to switch and how many switched because they thought 'they had to'?  I'm sure there's quite a few that did upgrades at places like Best Buy and were switched to the new plan because that's the only option available through those sellers (where if they'd done their homework, they'd have realized they could have kept their plan if they'd gone through Verizon).

0 Likes
oldblue910

Personally speaking, I got on Share Everything from day one because it actually saved me $10/mo. I had a smartphone line and a tablet line, each with separate data plans. A "Share Everything" plan gave me an extra gig of data per month and also unlimited talk for $10 less per month. For customers who had been with VZW for a long time, the Share Everything plans were definitely going to cost them more money, but for customers like me who were recent signups a few months before those plans, it actually did save some of us money.

Before the Share Everything this was my plan layout:

Galaxy Nexus:

Nationwide Talk & Text 900 - $79.99/mo

4 GB Smartphone Data Plan - $30/mo

Visual Voicemail - $2.99/mo

Xoom:

5 GB Tablet Data Plan - $50/mo

So overall I was paying about $163/mo before taxes and fees. That was for 9 GB of combined data, 900 voice minutes and unlimited texting. The day the Share Everything plans went into effect, I got on a 10 GB shared data plan. So if you break that out:

10 GB Shared Data Plan - $100/mo

Monthly access for Xoom - $10/mo

Monthly access for Galaxy Nexus - $40/mo

Visual Voicemail for Galaxy Nexus - $2.99/mo

That adds up to $153/mo before taxes and fees, and netted me 10 GB of data (as opposed to 9 GB beforehand) and unlimited talk (as opposed to 900 minutes beforehand).

So as I said, for some of us, the math definitely added up in our favor. That said, I have some friends who have been with VZW for years. They have two smartphones with unlimited data and two basic phones. The "Share Everything" math definitely doesn't work out in their favor (to the tune of about an extra $50 a month or so I was told). I guess it just depends on your individual plan and what your needs are.

Not applicable

Many of the "old customers" were ill informed and did not know their options.  That's their own fault, but I don't think that statistic is very representative of anything...except what percentage are on Share Everything.

Not applicable

tikibar1 wrote:

Of those 'old' customers on Share Everything ... how many chose to switch and how many switched because they thought 'they had to'?  I'm sure there's quite a few that did upgrades at places like Best Buy and were switched to the new plan because that's the only option available through those sellers (where if they'd done their homework, they'd have realized they could have kept their plan if they'd gone through Verizon).

Where there some? Sure. How many 9 months later? Maybe at first. One would think after awhile people would get you don't have to switch? Anyways here is the breakdown by quarter and Share Everything started at the start of quarter 3 2012. Also I'm with Jim on this, if people are ignorant of their choices that's on them.

% on Share Everything

End Q3 2012 13%

End  Q4 2012 23%

End Q1 2013 30%

So if adoption stays at around 7% per quarter the end of 2013 it will be around 50% and 75-80% by the end of 2014. I'm curious as to what % it will be when Verizon decides to pull the switch and just have everyone on Share Everything. Will they wait until it affects the fewer people or will they be in hurry to move everyone over?

0 Likes
lewisr13
Leader

tikibar1 wrote:

I'm sure there's quite a few that did upgrades at places like Best Buy and were switched to the new plan because that's the only option available through those sellers (where if they'd done their homework, they'd have realized they could have kept their plan if they'd gone through Verizon).

I've upgraded at Best Buy, Target and Walmart stores and have never been forced(or attempted to be forced) to switch to Share Everything. Though when my son chooses to pay for a smartphone(making 4 in family) I will switch one of my accounts to Share Everything because it will be cheaper.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I will say when I upgrade my phone at a VZW retail store the girl did not insist that I had to switch. She made me aware of these plans but she did not imply I had to switch. When I upgraded my sons phone at a walmart 2 months alter the girl there insisted we had to switch. Mainly because the computer only offered Share Everything up initially. I knew better and insisted that we didn't and told her she could bypass all that on her computer screen. Once she realized she could do that everything was ok. So in a case of uninformed workers and uninformed customers sure I can see how one could be switched without really wanting to be.

We're still on the old plans because Share Everything is $22 more per month for us. Even if we were to drop from 6 GB down to 1 GB we would only save $2 a month. Now we may not use 6 GB now but we certainly use more than 1 GB. 2 GB would be $6 more and we use more than 2 GB. We would probably get by on 4 GB but that would still be $14 more. Why should we pay more for less?

Cutting the smartphone device fee by $5 a month would go a long way to getting us to switch. Or upping the caps by 4 GB on each tier. So it would be 5 GB for $50( like it is now ), 6 GB $60, 8 GB $70, 10 GB $80( like it is now ), 12 GB $90 then say, 15 GB $100, 18 GB $110, 21 GB $120, 24 GB $130, 27 GB $140, 30 GB $150. I think that pricing would get adoption even faster and it's not like Verizon still wouldn't make a killing.

0 Likes