Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3G speed in jefferson city, mo sucks!
brian3

Hi there, I live in jefferson city, mo. I just switched over to VZW couple weeks ago and notice that 3G speeds don't get any higher then 1MB download.  IS this just in this city or others getting faster 3G speeds?  my sister has at&t and shes gets speeds upt o 2 or 3MB. 

0 Likes
Re: 3G speed in jefferson city, mo sucks!
Grothka
Novice
VZW states that their 3g speeds tend to range from .6-1.4 mbps. so seems like you're right in there... I don't know too much about the AT&T network but I do know that they used essentially an enhanced GSM service for a while called HSPA+ that had a bit higher speeds and could still be used with the 3g radios. So at least in 3g AT&T did have a bit better average data speed. Too bad for AT&T that them rolling out HSPA+ put them way behind on rolling out LTE :smileytongue:
0 Likes
brian3

I just read VZW website about the speed, well dame wish vzw would have something like that, well hopefully they'll roll out the 4G here in town. But that could be years lol.

0 Likes
Grothka
Novice
most people should have it by next year it seems like. The 3g network should be completely covered (at least what they had set up by the end of 2010) by 4g at the end of 2013, and I figure most of the roll out in 2013 will be in the really rural areas.
0 Likes