Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3g Data woes.
squat251

Here's the deal, my mother, father and grandmother all share a plan with me, I am the only one with a smartphone. Where we live the EVDO network is spotty (EVDO is the only network available for the crappy dumbphones) but no one wants to spend the extra 9.99 to have a phone that has decent reception. Is there a 3g phone that isn't garbage? I only need one, my mother is the squeaky wheel who wants a phone that has good signal and is touch screen enabled but can forgo the 9.99 tax.

0 Likes
Re: 3g Data woes.
squat251

I know that EVDO is supposed to be data, but the only difference between my phone's connection and the rest of my family is mine is 3g. While they drop calls like it burns their hands, I have no issues at all.

0 Likes
Re: 3g Data woes.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for your inquiry, squat251.
It is concerning to learn that your family members are not able to get consistent 3G coverage. I know how much we rely on our cell phones in these days & times.  Does this mean they are dropping calls or are they having problems with mobile web on their phones?
Are they having problems in other parts of the area?
Have them dial *228 option 2 to link up with the closest tower.
Has anyone called our technical support team (800)922-0204 option 3 to get a trouble ticket for the problems they are having with their lines? That will be the next step.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes