Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4g charge for 3g markets
Yes_It_s_Loaded

Why?  I understand if I travel to one, I can use 4g, but then why wouldn't you bill me when/if that happens?  I wouldn't have a problem forking up that 10 bucks for the whole month if I spent even one day in a 4g market, but I live in (and spend all my time in) a 3g town.

I forked out the unsubsidized cost because changing dataplans would have added 20 bucks a MONTH to my plan, only to find out now i get to pay for 4g access when I do not, indeed, even have 4g.

I went to McDonald's the other day.  They gave me a half full cup and charged me for a large.

Yeah, sounds stupid there, too.

0 Likes
Re: 4g charge for 3g markets
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

There is not any price difference for 3G and 4G data service.I am still paying the same for data now as I did on my 1st Smartphone in 2008

Yes_It_s_Loaded

Is this forum official?  If I send them a picture of this post along with my bill, will they kill that 4g data fee?

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

I thought Sprint charged a $10 4G data fee on top of their data plans. This is the Verizon Wireless Community Forum (peer to peer) and I know my bill doesn't have any extra fee for 4G data.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

No extra fee for 4G data here, either; never heard of anyone on Verizon being charged one

0 Likes
Not applicable

If I could post a pic of a facepalm I would.

0 Likes
Yes_It_s_Loaded

>Name calling of other members removed< I thought it was support.  When I activated my phone the site told me specifically that there was a 10$ 4G access fee.  How about you stop being smug long enough to explain it, or don't even bother replying.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

There is no $10 4G access fee on Verizon.  Check your receipt and/or your on-line MyVerizon account.  Which plan are you on?

Yes_It_s_Loaded

The page made me accept it, but in my current plan, the price for 4g data is now 0, so maybe it got rolled into my service.

I still have the 450 + unl text + unl network.

That's a big part of the reason I did not re-up for a new plan...It's not even that I use that much data.  It's more that I enjoy getting more phone than I need and unlimited text and data for under 85 bucks.

Thanks for not being a jerk about it.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

If you did not sign a new two-year agreement and get a subsidized phone, then yes, you'll be on the same plan you've been on.  At the risk of repeating the above posts ... data pricing for 3G is the same as 4G.  I have no idea what you may have seen when you were activating your phone, but there shouldn't be an additional $10 data fee for 4G.

0 Likes