Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
890L JetPack Device Drivers?
SallyMae49418

I have been having problems maintaining my wireless connection to my computer for four months now.  My connection gets dropped all the time.  The wireless signal on my computer is strong as is the wireless signal on my Jetpack.  This has been happening with two different JetPacks as i had one stolen in September and insurance replaced it.  It finally dawned on me that the one thing that has been different since this problem started is that I got a new computer with a whole new operating system, Windows 8 so, I went searching on the internet to see if others have had the same problem maintaining wireless connections with Windows 8 and Bingo!  That seems to be the problem.  There were several suggestions but one of them was to go to the manufacturer to see if there are any updated device drivers for your device.  I Googled:  Verizon Wireless 890L JetPack Device Driver Download and came up empty-handed.  Would anyone happen to know if Verizon writes their own drivers for the 890L JetPack and if there are any updated drivers that solve this problem with Windows 8?

Thanks

SallyMae49418

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: 890L JetPack Device Drivers?
SallyMae49418

OK.  I have solved this problem.  I was Googling the wrong terms but even when I threw ZTE, the manufacturer of the jetpack in the mix, I got no hits.  So, I went over to the ZTE website and found the device driver I needed.  Here is the link if anyone else needs it:  http://www.zteusa.com/internet-devices/verizon-jetpacktm-890l.html?support=1#

Once you get to the link, click the software updates box to the left and a zip file containing the device driver will appear in the center of the page.  One is for Mac.  One is for Windows.  Select the right one for you.  Once the driver downloads, unzip the file.  Disconnect from the internet.  Turn off your JetPack and double click the file to install.  Windows 8 will come up and say it cannot verify the safety of the file because you are not on the internet.  Click the link to install anyway.  Close all open aps and windows and restart the computer.  You are ready to go!  This indeed a Windows 8 problem.  They do not have drivers for all wireless devices pre-installed.

I suspect this may also fix my usage overages for streaming voice and music.  Although I have been streaming no more voice and music than I ever did, my usage for these period was all of a sudden going through the roof.  So, if you are having the same problems with Windows 8, this may solve your problems.

SallyMae49418

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: 890L JetPack Device Drivers?
SallyMae49418

OK.  I have solved this problem.  I was Googling the wrong terms but even when I threw ZTE, the manufacturer of the jetpack in the mix, I got no hits.  So, I went over to the ZTE website and found the device driver I needed.  Here is the link if anyone else needs it:  http://www.zteusa.com/internet-devices/verizon-jetpacktm-890l.html?support=1#

Once you get to the link, click the software updates box to the left and a zip file containing the device driver will appear in the center of the page.  One is for Mac.  One is for Windows.  Select the right one for you.  Once the driver downloads, unzip the file.  Disconnect from the internet.  Turn off your JetPack and double click the file to install.  Windows 8 will come up and say it cannot verify the safety of the file because you are not on the internet.  Click the link to install anyway.  Close all open aps and windows and restart the computer.  You are ready to go!  This indeed a Windows 8 problem.  They do not have drivers for all wireless devices pre-installed.

I suspect this may also fix my usage overages for streaming voice and music.  Although I have been streaming no more voice and music than I ever did, my usage for these period was all of a sudden going through the roof.  So, if you are having the same problems with Windows 8, this may solve your problems.

SallyMae49418

0 Likes