Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adding HotSpot to grandfathered Unlimited data plan
Wookiee69

I got a Palm Pre two years ago when my Windows Mobile 5 phone died.  I wanted an iPhone but refused to switch to AT&T.  The Pre came with a free 5 GB hotspot, which works out well because I have a camp that I go to every other week where I don't have a phone line.  So with this, I can use my WiFi iPad.  The plan also has unlimited data for $30.

While I love the WebOS, I hate the Pre hardware.  The camera sucks, and the apps and ecostructure just isn't there.  So, this morning, I ordered an iPhone 4S.

I want to maintain the unlimited data plan which is grandfathered, but I also want to keep the hotspot feature for the reason described above.  I don't mind paying $20 for 2 GB (well, kindof, but I understand it was a special deal to sell the Pre).  But when I ordered the 4S, I wasn't able to add the hotspot feature unless I gave up the unlimited data.  I understand the data may not really be unlimited, but still, that's a keeper (have had the plan for 3 years now).

So here's my question: can I add the $20 hotspot feature to my grandfathered unlimited data plan, or do I really have to give up the unlimited data in order to have the hotspot feature?  I'm sorry if this was already answered in a different thread - I looked for an hour or so and couldn't find it.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Adding HotSpot to grandfathered Unlimited data plan
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good morning Wookiee69.

I can certainly understand you would like to keep the Unlimited Data Plan when upgrading to a new phone.  I am happy to confirm you are able to add the $20.00/ 2GB Mobile Hotspot with your Unlimited Data Plan.  (You will not need to change your data plan.)  If you are unable to add it with your upgrade order online, you can leave it off until you get the device, and then the feature will be available via My Verizon once the device is activated.  If for whatever reason, you are unable to add the feature, you can contact Customer Service and we will be happy to add it on for you.  

You can reach Customer Service at 800-922-0204 or by dialing *611 [send] from your mobile phone.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Adding HotSpot to grandfathered Unlimited data plan
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good morning Wookiee69.

I can certainly understand you would like to keep the Unlimited Data Plan when upgrading to a new phone.  I am happy to confirm you are able to add the $20.00/ 2GB Mobile Hotspot with your Unlimited Data Plan.  (You will not need to change your data plan.)  If you are unable to add it with your upgrade order online, you can leave it off until you get the device, and then the feature will be available via My Verizon once the device is activated.  If for whatever reason, you are unable to add the feature, you can contact Customer Service and we will be happy to add it on for you.  

You can reach Customer Service at 800-922-0204 or by dialing *611 [send] from your mobile phone.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

0 Likes