Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adding data
Mrwalleye

For whatever reason when I try upgrade online it does not allow me to .. I have called your office and was told to delete cookies etc, try this and that but it still does not work.  Called yesterday and am told since I have forgotton PIN you need my account number ..get account number and call today and told that without PIN nothing can be done ... every call yields different info.  Anyhow, I have 8 GB and have a mobile jetpack.  I was thinking of going the unlimited route but also see that there are higher data packages ie. 10, 12, 14GB etc.. except on the phone I am being told my only option is unlimited and another VW staff said my option was unlimited or 16G?  So, I have no clue what my options really are.   Are the 10G, 12G, 14G packages (data only) that I see online available?  I am told that they are not available to me with the account I have so ... if I terminate my account I take it I can open up an account for 10G for one device? 

I have only used my computer with the mobile jetpack although I was given a phone number when I first signed up.  Since I have a phone number, could I just add a phone to this account?  I know nothing about phones but it sounds like depending on the phone I could use the phone as a hotspot instead of my jetpack? 

It would be nice to know.. thanks

0 Likes
Re: Adding data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Mrwalleye, we want to ensure you have the answers you need regarding your service options. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. The  number you have for your jetpack device can be used as a phone line instead if wanting to remove that jetpack and add a smartphone device. You could also utilize the mobile hotspot on the phone versus having the jetpack as a separate line since those devices cannot maintain the same number. The new Verizon unlimited plan has replaced the 12GB plan but there are still several tiered data plan options such as 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 24GB, 30GB, 40GB, 50GB, 60GB, 80GB, 100GB. The 24GB and higher plans will cost more than the unlimited plan but there are no data deprioritization restrictions like there are when on the unlimited plan. With the unlimited plan, the hotspot is slowed down to 3G speeds once 10GBs of hotspot use has been met and the mobile data itself can be deprioritized to 3G speeds after reaching 22GBs total (mobile data or mobile data and hotspot combined) if network traffic is high. The 24GB plans and higher are no longer advertised however can be added by customer service. Does this help to clear things up?

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Mrwalleye

Thanks for the info. The original hotspot I had I can no longer find

and I am using a newer hotspot .. not new now.. but it is a Verizon

4GLte ZTE. I am using my original SIM card. Your website says that

it is a NON Verizon Device .. yet it really is .. at least it says

verizon on it. Should this hotspot be registered with you somehow?

Could this be why I can't upgrade on the website?

So as I understand what you previously said ... I could get a phone,

it could be used as a hotspot plus I would have the use of a phone. I

rarely use a cell phone so was thinking that it would be handy to

have. Then, I would be charged for one line .

please let me know, thanks for your time

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That is absolutely correct, Mrwalleye. You can replace the hotspot with a smartphone instead. You'd simply need to switch to a voice plus data plan versus data only. This way you can use your phone as a hotspot and also use it as a phone as needed. With this option, you'd only be charged for one line and you can still keep the number you have or opt to change the number if preferred.

I do believe you're referring to our Jetpack 4G LTE 890L. If so, I'm not sure why it's appearing as a non-VZW device in the system as it's definitely one of our devices. It's possible the device ID was simply never entered into our Device Management Database. That may very well be why you're incurring the issue with making certain changes online. We do have a form (Device Not Found in Device Management Database) that we submit for actual VZW devices showing as a non-VZW device. If you won't be changing that device soon and would like to get it added, let us know.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mrwalleye

Can you add it and then maybe I can make upgrades to my accounts if I so decide?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We would need to assist you with adding the device. I've sent a Private Message, reply when you can.

TylerK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes