Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Adds/upgrades to family plan
Mmmpppccc
Hoping to add a line to family plan that currently has 2 lines with unlimited data, one line upgrade eligible now, the other is in Feb.

1-if I add a line with iphone4s can I keep same family plan or switch to currently offered family plan and do we also get unlimited data?
2--if we upgrade the eligible line to the iphone4s does that plan/data stay the same?
3-if we are making these changes does other line still have to wait for Feb upgrade?
4-can I transfer the phone number (not the line) from my employer's verizon business account if my employer allows (I brought the number to them originally from sprint several years ago)

And is it better to do all this online, at a store or on the phone?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Adds/upgrades to family plan
Not applicable

I would be more then happy to answer your questions.  It is very exciting that you are upgrading.  I am sure you will enjoy that new iPhone 4 S.

1-if I add a line with iphone4s can I keep same family plan or switch to currently offered family plan and do we also get unlimited data?

*You will be able to add the line with the iphone 4 S and keep your currently family share plan, but you will not be able to get unlimited data on the newly added plan.

2--if we upgrade the eligible line to the iphone4s does that plan/data stay the same?

*It depends. If that eligible line is coming from a feature phone no: you will not get unlimited data.   If the eligible line is coming from a Smartphone with unlimited data then yes:  the plan/data stay the same.

3-if we are making these changes does other line still have to wait for Feb upgrade?

*Yes the other line has to wait.

4-can I transfer the phone number (not the line) from my employer's Verizon business account if my employer allows (I brought the number to them originally from sprint several years ago)

*Yes you can port the number over.

Is it better to do all this online, at a store or on the phone?

*I would do it online.

I hope my responses helped.  Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Adds/upgrades to family plan
Not applicable

I would be more then happy to answer your questions.  It is very exciting that you are upgrading.  I am sure you will enjoy that new iPhone 4 S.

*You will be able to add the line with the iphone 4 S and keep your currently family share plan, but you will not be able to get unlimited data on the newly added plan.

*It depends. If that eligible line is coming from a feature phone no: you will not get unlimited data.   If the eligible line is coming from a Smartphone with unlimited data then yes:  the plan/data stay the same.

*Yes the other line has to wait.

4-can I transfer the phone number (not the line) from my employer's Verizon business account if my employer allows (I brought the number to them originally from sprint several years ago)

*Yes you can port the number over.

Is it better to do all this online, at a store or on the phone?

*I would do it online.

I hope my responses helped.  Thank you.

0 Likes