Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Any experience buying a new contract from Amazon Wireless?
Sathariel

So I'm currently contemplating switching from my current network over to Verizon Wireless and using the sale on Amazon Wireless where every phone is a penny with a new activation. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience getting a contract through amazon wireless and would give some feedback on their system. Should I go through Amazon to get my contract with Verizon or would I better off paying for the phone and going to a physical store to get up my contract?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Any experience buying a new contract from Amazon Wireless?
spottedcatfish

If you buy through Amazon, you will sign 2 contracts, one with Verizon to maintain your line of service for 2 years and one with Amazon to keep that particular phone active and not change your plan for 6 months.  If you think you may need to make changes to your plan, or you'll want to activate another phone within that first 6 months, then you'll want to go directly through Verizon, or through another retailer that doesn't ask you to sign that type of contract.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Any experience buying a new contract from Amazon Wireless?
spottedcatfish

If you buy through Amazon, you will sign 2 contracts, one with Verizon to maintain your line of service for 2 years and one with Amazon to keep that particular phone active and not change your plan for 6 months.  If you think you may need to make changes to your plan, or you'll want to activate another phone within that first 6 months, then you'll want to go directly through Verizon, or through another retailer that doesn't ask you to sign that type of contract.

0 Likes