Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anyone else have problems receiving phone calls?
tasteandsmell

My phone is a Chicago area code I received from Sprint in 2000.  When I moved to the NYC area in 2006 I stayed with Sprint.  Then in 2012, I switched to Verizon because I was no longer in a Sprint 4G area and didn't want to pay for 4G if I wasn't getting it.  It is important to note that I NEVER had a problem with Sprint voice.  My number was ported over to Verizon...and that's when the problems began:

1.  I get phone calls (~60% of the time from my Chicago area code) and can't answer them (I see them ringing through but can't pick up).

2.  I get voice mails magically appearing with no notice of a missed call.

3.  I sometimes don't even get voice mails or notices of missed calls (my grandmother thought I was ignoring her!)

The issues happen everywhere - at work, at home, in other areas of the country - it doesn't matter.  Verizon has replaced my phone 3 times, my SIM card 2 or 3 times - it's clearly NOT the phone.  I do NOT want to change my phone number - I move so much it's the only number folks know!

I had a trouble ticket put in with the technical service folks over a month ago...and still no resolution because everyone I speak to over there has a different understanding of what the problem is - and they don't communicate with each other. 

I am incredibly frustrated and angry with my service and am ready to switch back to Sprint...but I don't want to because I'm in love with their data service.

Has anyone else encountered these issues at all?  And if so, what have you had done about it?

Sharon

0 Likes
Re: Anyone else have problems receiving phone calls?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi Sharon - Let's make sure that the nations most reliable works for you! Were you provided a trouble ticket number? May I have your zip code to reference the area? Are you consistently getting a strong signal yet still missing calls?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Mancalldhorse

I live in TN 37076 and have not had service for the last 24 hrs . No response from Verizon . ??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Good evening Mancalldhorse,

I'm sorry to learn of the service issues you are experiencing in Hermitage. No issues are reported in your area as of January 29, 2014, at 9:40pm. I see that your post is from january 27, 2014, please keep in mind that this is a peer to peer forum and while our Social Media team monitors the posts, the best way to get immediate assistance when network issues are suspected is to call 800-922-0204 from a different line to troubleshoot device or send us a message on twitter at @VZWSupport.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
tasteandsmell

I had a trouble ticket and it was supposedly "resolved".  Ironic - no notification that it was being "resolved" and I still have the same problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

tasteandsmell, Hello we defintely want to get to the bottom of what's happening with your service. What exact issue are you having and where are you located? Have you reached to our technical support team about your concerns with the network ticket?

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
tasteandsmell

Sheritah,

Thank you for reaching out!!! Smiley Happy

I've copied your questions into my reply and have answered each question individually.

Have you reached to our technical support team about your concerns with the network ticket?

Yes, I did reach out but was given the blow-off.  I was told they'd reopen the trouble ticket, but I haven't heard from them since, even after emailing the guy who told me I'd be his contact.

What exact issue are you having?

1.  People call me and I can't answer the phone.  I swipe the screen (as is normal) but the call is automatically dropped.

2.  People call me and the phone doesn't ring or show any indication that there is an incoming call - but I get the "missed call" notification after the person has hung up or left a voice mail.

3.  People call me, the phone doesn't ring and there is no "missed call" - but I get I voice mail.

4.  Sometimes voice mails arrive days later.

Where are you located?

I reside in 08872 and work in 08807, but the problem is not limited to these two zip codes and will become incredibly angry if the suggestion is made otherwise...I am a broken record, incredibly frustrated and no one wants to believe what I say as the truth.  The last time I dealt with the guys on the end of the trouble ticket they INSISTED that I only have these problems at home and work...that's just bullshit. (sorry for the bad language )

Here are some places this has occurred on more than one occasion:

1.  08872 - current home (NJ)

2.  08807 - current work (NJ)

3.  07601 - friend's home (NJ)

4.  07050 - previous home (NJ)

5.  11572 - husband's home (NY)

6.  11422 - husband's work (NY)

7.  60091 - parent's home (IL)

8.  94568 - work trip location (CA)

In terms of frequency, it happens at least once per week.

I never had these problems with Sprint - I was with them for 10 years.  I switch to Verizon because of the great data (and it IS great data) and then suddenly I have all these voice issues.  You should know I am not a technophobe and I certainly know when the volume is up/down or when the phone is powered on/off.  I've been using smartphones for 10 years.

Please help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We definitely appreciate the additional response today tasteandsmell! Upon further review of your areas listed I can confirm that these areas are marginally covered which means that service can be intermittant, minimal, and fluctuate from time to time. Indoor service will definitely be a greater challenge in these areas. Unfortunately we do not have any plans at this time to enhance the coverage in your location. However, we do have options such as http://bitly.com/1cjTKr6 which will assist with improving indoor coverage. Our engineering team does constantly monitor areas such as these and will make improvements if necessary based upon coverage options. Please keep us posted if we can offer any additional assistance going forward, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
tasteandsmell

I find that hard to believe since I rarely have less than full bars in those areas. 

That's the biggest bull?@#* answer I've ever got.

What, Verizon is now into giving the blowoff?

0 Likes
tasteandsmell

Additionally, if I had issues in those areas, I'd experience dropped calls and poor call quality...which I don't.

0 Likes