Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Anyone having problems receiving incoming calls?
13Susan

I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy S6 in April, a month or 2 later I started getting texts and voice mails from people saying they just tried to call me but my phone NEVER rang. I went to a local Verizon and the guy who helped me said I needed the Advanced calling feature turned on. They did, and it worked for a couple of weeks. I then started not receiving calls again, so I called Tech Support. They reset somethings and said I needed a new sim card, back to Verizon I went. They replaced the sim card and again things worked for a few weeks. I've been on the phone several times with Tech Support and whatever they do works for a few weeks at a time. At one point they said it was the internal antenna so they sent me a refurbished phone. During this, text messages I send sometimes fail and I have never experienced that before. I am working with a guy to try to get my phone to work all the time but I'm so frustrated I don't know what to do. I now am paying a payment plan on a refurbished phone that still doesn't work all the time. I am not happy that I have a 2nd rate phone not a new one, I am making payments on said phone, it still doesn't work, and only has 1/2 the battery life my new phone had. Now I am being told I may need to do a factory reset. I'm not sure that's really going to do anything but make me reinstall everything again which is irritating in and of itself. If anyone else out there is having this issue please let me know if you fixed it, and please let me know how. If this doesn't get resolved I may have to switch to AT&T just to see if I can get a NEW phone that works. (On a side note I have 2 other phones on our bill and neither of them are having the same problem, one has an iPhone 6 and one had a Samsung Mini.)

0 Likes
Re: Anyone having problems receiving incoming calls?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

13Susan,

Oh my! We’re so glad that you have reached out to us here, because help is our middle name. Our number one goal is to make sure that your phone is working 100% of the time. We regret to hear that you feel this way about your phone. With a warranty replacement phone, you are correct, it is a Certified Like New Replacement. It is unusual that you are having problems with this replacement. (Not just Verizon Wireless, but other companies when doing a warranty replacement don’t provide you with a brand new phone.)  Let’s work together to make this better. When you get these calls & your phone doesn’t ring, are people able to leave a voicemail? Does your phone have the most up to date software? To check, please go to Settings --> System Updates --> Check for new software update.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
13Susan

I'm sorry but I don't care that sending someone a refurbished phone is policy. I don't think it's fair that I sent you what turned out to be a perfectly good brand new phone, on the advice of one of your employees,  that I am paying full price for, in exchange for a refurbished one that doesn't have 1/2 the battery life my new phone had. And on top of that I am still having problems that nobody seems to know how to fix.

0 Likes
13Susan

And I forgot to say - yes my phone is up to date. Last update was last week.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I can certainly understand your concerns in obtaining a certified like-new replacement 13Susan. Please know that our Certified Like New replacement devices go through a 100+ inspection to ensure you are getting a good quality phone. It concerns me that you are still experiencing the same issues on your replacement phone that you were on your previous device. Do you have a lot of third party applications installed on the device? What zip code are you in? Do you notice missed calls and difficulties with sending text while you are indoors only?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Turning on Advanced calling, swapping SIM cards, and even swapping devices to no success.  That is a lot to go through, 13Susan. We are going to leave no stone unturned to restore your faith in this device.
 On the thought line of a faulty intenna, there has been two devices so it mostly likely is not the root cause. However I’m curious to know if over the two devices:  have both had a case on it? If so, we recommend a trial run with your case off of the phone to see if incoming calls/ text are consistent.

As for internal phone settings, please ensure that the network mode is not set for global or GSM, and is on LTE/CDMA. Here is where to verify:

1.    Slide down your finger from the top of your screen.
2.    Tap the Settings icon.
3.    Touch Mobile networks.
4.     Tap Network mode.
5.    Make sure the green dot is next to LTE/ CDMA

Finally we would be remiss if we didn’t ask about the area that you use your phone.  I realize it’s difficult to know when you are not receiving calls, but to the best of your knowledge, are you noticing any trends on where you are at when calls don’t come through? Do you know of any other Verizon Customers experiencing difficulties ?

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes