Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Are all lines smartphone lines
penray99

Just left the Verizon store where I was told upgrading my basic phone to a smartphone did not mean i was getting a new line. Was looking at a promotional product and am confused as how can a basic line be the same as a smartphone line. What am I missing here?

0 Likes
Re: Are all lines smartphone lines
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Basic phones and smartphones are treated the same on the current plans. If you have a grandfathered plan then it might be different costs for the two types of phone lines of service. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
boringusername

What was the promo what is yur plan. Can;t hep if you don't give us valuable info.

0 Likes
glitchedpixel

It's just a line...

A line is a set of numbers that gets labelled based off what is currently active. If you put a tablet on a line, it's a tablet line. Activate a smart phone on the same line, it becomes a smart phone line. etc.

0 Likes
bearone21
Leader

new line has a new number, whether a smart or flip-phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

penray99, upgrading to a new device is always exciting and we understand the importance of making sure you receive a great deal. We apologize for any confusion with our promotions and upgrade process. Allow us the opportunity to further go over the details of your concern. Upgrading your line of service from a Basic phone to a Smartphone does not mean that this line will count as a new line of service. A new line of service will be an additional new line that was added to your account. This line will normally have a brand new phone number or a Port in number to start service. Does this information help clear up the details of your concern?

Additionally, we understand the importance of making sure you receive the best deal on your new device. We will be more than happy to further explore your options. Can you please let us know if you had proceeded with upgrading to a new device? If not, which device were you interested in upgrading to? Please review our device deals here http://vz.to/2eQWk4X.   

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes