Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
As a new customer I got sucked in and taken advantage of... Verizon=Too much $$$
nibor71ssd

I had to pay $40 for smart phone line acces, then $40 for data= $80 plus taxes .  not to mention when you use the  phone as a hotspot the data runs very quick, especially if you also use your laptop to get online.

I need to move to another pro

0 Likes
Re: As a new customer I got sucked in and taken advantage of... Verizon=Too much $$$
mrpearsoy
Novice

You better do it before your 14 days is up. Keep in mind yu may have a restocking fee for the equipment.

0 Likes
Re: As a new customer I got sucked in and taken advantage of... Verizon=Too much $$$
Not applicable

nibor71ssd wrote:

I had to pay $40 for smart phone line acces, then $40 for data= $80 plus taxes .  not to mention when you use the  phone as a hotspot the data runs very quick, especially if you also use your laptop to get online.

I need to move to another pro

You didn't get suckered. The costs are clearly laid out before you sign up. There is device charge and a data charge. Nothing was hidden. And if you're only paying $40 for data you are only getting 300 MB which is nothing. And yes trying to use mobile data as REAL internet is not going to work very well. I suggest getting cable or DSL if you have them in your area. If not you are not going to find other options that are much better.

0 Likes
jacobweber2000

While "technically" you are right, they do spell out the "bill" in their brochures, in reality, its a common marketing "gimmick" that I learned about in business. Split up the bill so that it doesnt "sound" like a big bill. Human's minds are wrapped around the smaller numbers, not the true total. So mentally, the average person may be told $100, but they see the $40. It would be better if they started with a basic plan, such as $80, and then had it listed below that $100 for 4gb, $110 for phone and extra device. Granted, the marketing department would hate that because they know what I just said is 100% true and proven science among marketing researchers would scare away people spending an extra $10 here , or $50 there.

0 Likes