Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Can I begin service with $100.00 card good for one year and what are the usage terms?
grozit

Can I begin prepaid service with a $100.00 card good for one year and if so what are the usage terms?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Can I begin service with $100.00 card good for one year and what are the usage terms?
Not applicable

As I said you have to have a pre-paid smartphone plan so not I do not believe you can use that $100 card. I believe those are good for pay as you go plans. Pre-paid smartphone plans start at $45 a month.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can I begin service with $100.00 card good for one year and what are the usage terms?
Not applicable

What kind of phone do you plan on using? I wasn't aware Verizon still had those old plans.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Is this the plan you were looking at?

Pay As You Go | Verizon Wireless -Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
grozit

An LG Optimus Exceed 2 which is for Verizon Wireless. I just want a back up that will get little use. Don't want frequent renewals and lowest cost.

0 Likes
Not applicable

That's a smartphone and you would need a pre-paid smartphone plan for that.

3G Smartphone Plans | Verizon Wireless -Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
grozit

Yes; phone is for Verizon PREPAID plans. Sri I did not state that correctly. I see that there are prepaid plans with monthly usage etc. I see some offers on line for a $100.00 card that's good for one year.  Trying to determine if that is available from a Verizon store to begin a new plan. Checked with two different Verizon stores and got two opposite answers and neither was sure of the terms. Simply trying to get a low cost backup. Thank you for responding.

0 Likes
Not applicable

As I said you have to have a pre-paid smartphone plan so not I do not believe you can use that $100 card. I believe those are good for pay as you go plans. Pre-paid smartphone plans start at $45 a month.

0 Likes
grozit

Many thanks. Duh...I got it.

0 Likes