Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Can I use my router with the Unlimited Plan?
RAM1961

My account has two phones and a 4G LTE router. I'd like to switch two phones to unlimited but am reading I can't with the router. Router is used for Wi-Fi for desktop computer. What should I do?

As subject line says, two phones and a router.  Most of my data usage actually goes through the router for wi-fi to the desktop computer and a couple of tablets.  I've had two months in a row of massive overages - to the tune of 25Gb.  Part of it this month was my phone roaming while in Alberta, but something has changed to have two months in a row of these high charges.  Particularly when my wife and I used our phones at our cabin all summer on data only (no wi-fi) and would stream sirius/XM music through our phones all day and never once went over our data limits.

Should I get unlimited or beyond unlimited for the phones and bump up data on the router?

0 Likes
Re: Can I use my router with the Unlimited Plan?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I know how important it is to have accessible data, without worrying about overage, RAM1961. Our Beyond Unlimited Plan does allow for both Phones and Internet devices like a router to be connected in the same plan. If you sign in to My Verizon, does it give you an error when trying to switch to this plan?

LeoL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RAM1961

When I looked at the plans for Unlimited or Beyond Unlimited, it stated that plan did not apply to router, even though router does have it's own phone number.  Please advise.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I appreciate you taking the time to review our plans, RAM1961, and must apologize for the misinformation. Broadband Routers, SmartHub, LTE Internet Installed and Cantennas are not eligible for Go Unlimited or Beyond Unlimited plans. We can, however, have your phone lines share the Go Unlimited or Beyond Unlimited plan and then have your Router moved to a single device or data only plan that fits its data needs. The great thing about that is the option to use your smartphones as a Mobile Hotspot is included and can really help to lower the amount of usage on your Router, too. Our Single Connected Home Plans https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/single-device-plan or Data Only Plans www.verizonwireless.com/plans/data-only-plan are the perfect fit for many 4G LTE Router users. But I see you were concerned with the usage on your Router recently and mentioned a number of devices connected. Has your computer or the tablets recently completed a software update? When reviewing the Data Utilization Tool described at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/tools-for-monitoring-usage/#datau is the unexpected usage all being used on the Router or are you concerned about the use on your phones too?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes