Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Can Verizon Fios interrupt Verizon Wireless service?
victoria7872

Ok,

I'm hoping there is a Sherlock Holmes out there that could help me resolve this case.  Since I moved to my new apartment in August, I have had exceptional cell service (5bars, 3G).  As of yesterday, this all changed. I cannot make or receive any calls/text messages on my cell phone, nor can I browse the web (Have motorola Droid Pro).  I've spent about 4 hours so far with tech support since last night trying to resolve this issue to no avail (have a trouble ticket outstanding that is being investigated).

It is not my cell phone as we went through all the steps and my phone works fine on the street.  My friend that also has Verizon Wireless was over before and she did not have any service as well when she was here.  The ONLY thing that has changed in the past day and a half is that my landlord had Verizon Fios installed (phone, internet, cable) and had Cablevision disconnected.  Customer support denied any outages in the area but said they would have someone check to see if there was something with one of the local towers but they have not had any reports of other customers out. 

Does ANYONE know if Fios could interrupt my perfectly fine cell reception???

Please, any input would be greatly appreciated.  I require the use of my cell phone for business purposes (both talk and text).

Thank you.

Victoria

0 Likes
Re: Can Verizon Fios interrupt Verizon Wireless service?
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I saw your other post and thought about it. I wonder if someone near you has a Sprint or ATT network extender....I am just guessing at what might cause it.

Since Fios is strictly hardwire, it would not hurt your cell signal, but a bad wireless router, or maybe a ham radio operator could.

0 Likes
Re: Can Verizon Fios interrupt Verizon Wireless service?
silver6055

Hopefully this is resolved already by now!  If not, has anyone with a different mobile carrier got service?  For that matter, does your PRO detect AT&T/T-Mobile if you have a foreign SIM (the bandlock will prevent it connecting but it should still show the carrier).

Yes, FIOS itself shouldn't have an impact, but if the router supplied with the install (probably Actiontec) is bad it could cause general interference.   Or could someone be using a cell blocker illegally...

0 Likes