Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Changing Data Plan: Numbers Don't Add Up
Phosphorous1

What am I doing wrong here? In screenshot 1, it looks like I can get an extra 1GB of data and save $.50/month. This is confirmed in the next pop-up (not shown) where I choose to backdate the change. Then in screenshot 3, it says my new monthly will be $111.10, but my estimated next bill is $127.40. and the line access charge is $40+$40 rather than $71.60 on screenshot 1 and the top section on screenshot 3. Is Verizon trying to trick me? I don't get it. How do I get the $111.10 price for 3GB?

Verizon1.jpg

Verizon3.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Changing Data Plan: Numbers Don't Add Up
Weth
Sr. Leader

Your 21% company discount is only on the 3GB data/minutes/messages charge of $50 and not the $40 line charge, so it is an error on the screen, but still calculated correctly. 

Correct is $50-21% or $39.50 +$40 + $40 or $119.50.  That will be your ongoing charges after next month.  Next month will be slightly more to take into account the difference between the 2 GB plan and 3 GB plan which is 39.50-31.60 or $7.90.  Therefore next months bill will be $119.50+$7.90 or $127.40 as indicated in second screen. 

0 Likes
Phosphorous1

Is it an error or is it purposeful deceit? I don't understand or believe that the website would have an error like this. If the discount doesn't apply to the line charge, why does it show it? How is it that I, the customer, is discovering these so-called calculation errors?

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

It's an error, it should be reported.   We have seen a few of these reports in the last week.  There is no evidence to suggest it is purposeful.  Simple programming error. 

0 Likes
Phosphorous1

That's what testing is for, to catch errors like this before customers encounter them. BTW, this so-called error is at least 2 weeks old. You can't convince me that Verizon relies on its customers to test their website.

This is false advertising to lure people in who aren't paying attention. They have to honor the advertised price.

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

Ya.... Good luck with that.   Your charges will be exactly as I outlined above.  Believe what you want, but I have been around computer enough to know testing can miss things.  

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

I recently put in for an employee discount as well; discount is only on the data and not on the line access. If you want a discount on the line access you need to be out of contract on a month to month with 6GB of data or more OR on the Edge program with 6GB of data or more.

0 Likes
Phosphorous1

If that is the case, they shouldn't show the discount being applied.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

They shouldn't, you're right. Thankfully they correct in the actual total though which is what you should be looking at. You're probably one of a few that actually goes over their bill before signing their life away; more people should.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Phosphorous1,

I truly apologize for any confusion this calculation may have caused. I assure you we are not trying to be decitful. We always want to make sure our customers have the correct answers and calculations so they can make the best decision in regards to their wireless concerns. If you go on the website currently are you still receiving the wrong calculations? Do you possibly have any other discounts on the line that was showing the incorrect amount? If not, and you are still running into this miscaluclation please click on the Feedback option to the right of your screen, by the scroll bar to send feedback. I have already raised this concern up.

LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes