Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Changing plans without changing phones.
MaryHelenSpencer

I have no clue as to the plan I am on but obviously need to upgrade the number of texts received and sent.   I have spent HOURS trying to do this online.  VERY frustrating.    Can someone help me??????????

0 Likes
Re: Changing plans without changing phones.
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Are you the account owner?  Log on and go to "I Want To... " and under plan, the top button is "Change Minutes, Text, Data".  Then go to Messaging, and your options are to change the family plan to the unlimited for all lines @$30 a month, or on the top right of that section is a link to "Change to single line messaging options", where you set each line individually.

If you are the only one on your plan, then your Messaging options should be laid out there as well.

Are you on prepaid?  Call 888-294-6804 and a rep can help you get what you need.  If you are on contract and the online isn't getting it done, call 800-922-0204 or *611 from your handset and a rep can help.  Be sure to BACKDATE the plan so there will be no pro-rating overages or surprises.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

If you are the account owner. Log into your Myverizon account and on the first screen you will see the following

change number.jpg

TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello MaryHelenSpencer!

As usual, SuzyQ and budone have given the most helpful information in order to get the texting plan changed on your account. If you aren't the account owner, then your options will be limited on the My Verizon site.

Please let us know if you are still having problems making the necessary changed.

Tamara H.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes