Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charges for Data I don't need
lalic

I have the same problem, I do not need Data.  I am 76 year old and use about 25 to 30 minutes a month and am charged for for Data.  I've been with Verizon for over 13 years paying them over $55.00 for 450 minutes and using less than 50 minutes a month.  I told them I cannot afford to pay that much and was told I can get 250 minutes for $40.00, I've been calling about that data charge and every month was told they would give me credit and never did it. This month I payed my bill less Data charge and told I have a balance o $3.48,which I know I have to pay because I would be charged a late fee. 

I feel Verizon is taking advantage of me.  I have a hearing problem and waiting for Sprint to come out with a Caption Cell Phone.  Verizon is not a good company.

0 Likes
Re: Charges for Data I don't need
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

If you do not need data, you could always go with a phone which does not require data. If you CHOOSE to have a smartphone, though, you will have to pay for data.

Additionally, you could go on the 65+ plan. You can see details HERE.

0 Likes
Re: Charges for Data I don't need
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Maybe pre-paid would be a better option for you.  What kind of phone do you have? 

Also, the fact that Verizon does not have the phone or options you feel are necessary for you, does not mean it's not a good company, simply not the right one for you.

0 Likes