Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Customer Loyalty
Lin71

Customer loyalty is non-existent. VZW cares more about new customers than loyal customers. I would like to see a customer retention program since it is actually cheaper to keep a current customer than it is to recruit a new customer. And please do not say the great service is what you get for being a loyal customer. I pay for that great service every month. If you shop at the same store for years then they give you coupons and other special offers. Why doesn't VZW? Customer retention plans are standard for any large business that wants to keep its current customers. I want price matching for other websites. I want to pay the same price for my upgrade as new customers pay. Right now a new customer can get the Galaxy Note 3 for $139 on Amazon. I want VZW to match that price for me since I have been paying for their service for over 8 years. I don't think that is asking to much for any customer that has successfully completed more than 1 2year contract with VZW. Their great service does not in any way make up for this lack of customer retention effort. I pay more per month than any other wireless carrier for that service. Now what is VZW going to so for me so that I want to keep paying them every month for the next 8 years? AT&T is gaining ground fast. I can switch to them and get a new phone cheap/free and still get great service. Why shouldn't I do this if VZW doesn't care to keep my business?

0 Likes
Re: Customer Loyalty
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Verizon Wireless doesn't match third party retailer pricing.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Verizon does not have different prices for new customers and current customers upgrading at a discount, Amazon does. It seems you have a problem with Amazon. If Amazon is the seller which gives an additional discount to new customers over current customers, why not ask them to match their own discount rather than a seller which makes no price distinction between new and current customers?

ttipgem

Lin71 wrote:

..... I want VZW to match that price for me since I have been paying for their service for over 8 years....

And you have been getting and using those services for 8 years, too. 

0 Likes
Lin71

Yes, I know. That is why I stated that I want them to do this. This action would be a positive step toward customer retention. That is what the whole post is about.

0 Likes
Lin71

I don't believe I said that VZW did have different prices. I believe I said that I want them to match the lowest pricing available through other retailers whether or not the prices was for new or current customers. Try improving your reading comprehension before insulting other people's posts.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Lin71 wrote:

Yes, I know. That is why I stated that I want them to do this. This action would be a positive step toward customer retention. That is what the whole post is about.

I doubt they are going to. People have been asking a similar question like yours for over four years on this community forum. Just like they were asking for shared data. We got the shared data, but not in the way the customers were asking for it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Lin71

Yes, I said that. I also said that there is no reason to keep paying for that service since AT&T now offers competitive service levels. I believe you missed the point entirely. Customer retention should be a priority for all large corporations. It is more cost effective to keep existing customers that to obtain new customers. Customer retention was the whole point of this post. Focus on the issue not on a single comment out of an entire paragraph, please.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Lin71 wrote:

Yes, I said that. I also said that there is no reason to keep paying for that service since AT&T now offers competitive service levels. I believe you missed the point entirely. Customer retention should be a priority for all large corporations. It is more cost effective to keep existing customers that to obtain new customers. Customer retention was the whole point of this post. Focus on the issue not on a single comment out of an entire paragraph, please.

AT&T doesn't price match either. Their upgrade fees are higher and their throttle their existing customers who still have their retired unlimited data plan. It doesn't look like AT&T doesn't have customer retention as a higher priority then Verizon Wireless.

0 Likes
Lin71

If you don't ask then you won't get what you want. If you stop asking then you won't get it either. We all need to keep asking for what we want and maybe if enough people ask then they will do something. Even if it isn't exactly what we want.

0 Likes