Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DOWNGRADE PLAN + REMOVE LINES--question/help please
marieoh1

On December 17, 2009, I signed up for the Nationwide Talk & Text 700 Plan; I have my 1 phone, plus 2 additional phones on this contract/plan (this is a TWO YEAR contract, with contract end date of December 17, 2011).

On July 27, 2011, I broke my phone and had to purchase a new one (no issues/changes with the other 2 phones).  So now, the contract end date on my 1 new phone is July 27, 2013.

On December 17, 2011, I would like to KEEP my 1 phone, but get rid of the 2 additional phones I have on my plan.  THEN, I want to change my plan to an individual, single-line plan.

Will Verizon let me do this?  Will I have to pay a penalty?  I'm a little bit confused about my contract end date since I purchased a new phone before my original contract end date.

Also, will the people that currently have the phone numbers for the 2 lines that I'm about to drop off my account, be able to keep those phone numbers?  I don't think they plan on staying with Verizon Wireless when they go to get their own calling plans.

Thanks,

Marie

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: DOWNGRADE PLAN + REMOVE LINES--question/help please
Not applicable
Each phone has it's own contract expiration date 2 years after you bought it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader
They can transfer their lines when the contract expires and you won't have a penalty. If you do it before the contract expires then there will be an ETF. You can switch to a normal plan from a family plan without any costs to you.
0 Likes
Not applicable
Each phone has it's own contract expiration date 2 years after you bought it.
0 Likes
marieoh1

Thank you both to jimfitzgerald and tidbits for your help.

Much appreciated.

Happy holidays!

0 Likes