Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Plan Prices
thnknboutswtchn

How is it that I can go to a competitor and get 2 lines with 1500 anytime minutes, unlimited data, unlimited text, and unlimited mobile to mobile for only $129.99 with each additional line being only $19.99, but for $159.99 from Verizon, I can get 2 lines with unlimited text, ONLY 700 minutes, and ONLY 2G data.  This makes no sense to me.  How are you going to keep customers from switching if you can't offer competitive packages??

0 Likes
Re: Data Plan Prices
Grothka
Novice
I think that it has to do with the fact that VZW has the largest network, is consistently found to be found one of the best (if not the best) customer service provider, and the fact that they are currently rolling out the best network technology on the best spectrum available in the U.S., and they are able to do that rollout ridiculously quickly. Long story short... many people are willing to pay a premium for higher quality service.
0 Likes
Not applicable
The same reason I would have to pay more for a Corvette than a Mustang.
0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to the community members who have replied. We are constantly investing in our network to better serve you, our customers. With over 80 million customers you have the benefit of calling more people, with Mobile to Mobile Calling,  without using minutes of your plan.  To learn more about the benefits of the most reliable network feel free to visit the following link

0 Likes
dysfunkshun

Because they're moneygrubbing [Please keep it clean - Thanks!].  No, your customer service is no better, nor is anything else you do worth paying so much more for.  The bottom line is, Verizon only cares about their customers money and how to seperate them from it.

0 Likes
whitdes

I am almost total agreement. I had Sprint and the customer service sucks. But I think Verizon should take the lead in lowering mobile broadband prices. I mean 10 GB is just not enough. I was reading an article on CNN about how the cost to provide mobile broadband is getting cheaper overtime, so how about spreading those savings over to us. There should also be plan for people that aren't constant phone talkers and text message users. like a 1000 minutes and a 1000 texts for like 30 or 40 USD a month. I should also be able to keep my unlimited Data plan for my phone for as long as I'm with Verizon and offer the Sprint product call any mobile phone for fee. Point Blank. 

0 Likes
spottedcatfish

You get what you pay for.

Do you want cheap service?  Look into a prepaid carrier, or Sprint.  The customer service, coverage and other features may be limited, but the price is right.

Do you want high quality service and additional options?  Choose a carrier with a higher cost of service like Verizon.

Verizon is never going to offer what they consider to be a superior product at a lower price-point than their competitors.  If you don't agree with Verizon that their product is worth the cost, and you have other options, take advantage of them.

0 Likes