Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data usage gone crazy
Ringwood

Hi All,

I was using my phone a lot and got a notice I went over my 4gb plan. It said I  used 7gb. I didn't think I was using it that much, but to avoid the fees, I increased my plan to 10gb. I streamed a video for about 2 hours after that. When I checked again it said I was up to 14gb! I know i didn't use 14gb. It was late and I went to bed. When I checked it in the morning, it was at 8gb. This is where i figured it would have been after the 7gb notice. How would I have got a 14gb notice, only to have it back to where it should be. I am a week away from my billing cycle. How do I know the data usage Verizon is charging me is accurate?

Thanks for any advice.

Ringwood

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Data usage gone crazy
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

You can view your minutes/text/data usage via your on-line MyVerizon account.  Current billing cycle is under Current Usage; previous info. is under View Bills.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Did you backdate the change to the beginning of the billing period??? If not, you will have proration overages.

0 Likes
Ringwood

Yes, I chose the option to backdate to the biginning of the billing cycle. It was 10/20/12.

Thanks.

Is there anyway to contest the usage on the bill if in the future I feel there is a problem? Is there a detailed usage report I could review?

Thanks.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

You can view your minutes/text/data usage via your on-line MyVerizon account.  Current billing cycle is under Current Usage; previous info. is under View Bills.

View solution in original post

0 Likes