Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Discount on Data
macher
When I was a VZW customer about 6 months ago I was getting employer discount on all lines that had data.

Just signed up for VZW and now customer service says there is no discount on data.

Is this accurate?
0 Likes
Re: Discount on Data
spottedcatfish

If your employer has changed their agreement with Verizon, the discount may no longer be in effect.  Did you give them your work e-mail to search for the current discount for your employer?

You can also always ask your HR person (or whoever does benefits) what type of discount you are eligible for.

0 Likes
macher
People I work with are getting discount on data not just on primary line but for additional lines.

This is what is confusing.

Customer Service told me that no employer offers discount on data up to 2 months ago.
0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

macher wrote:
People I work with are getting discount on data not just on primary line but for additional lines.

This is what is confusing.

Customer Service told me that no employer offers discount on data up to 2 months ago.

In the past with unlimited data, Verizon would normally give an employer discount for data on 1 line only, but that was for plans of $29.99 or higher.

With the new tiered data plans, employer discounts are only available on plans GREATER than 2GB. The tiers of 2GB and lower are not eligible for employer discounts.

0 Likes
macher
Hi I have unlimited data.
0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

macher wrote:
Hi I have unlimited data.

How did you get unlimted data??? It is no longer offered on new accounts after mid July... You may want to check your online account to see exactly what data plan you have.

Also as mentioned, different employers get different discounts and if the same employer, they may have changed what discounts are given.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Sr. Leader

I get a discount for everything.  I am pretty high up in the food chain where I work at.  Some employees under me only get a discount off their main line.  Some guys under me who have been employed longer than I have also get the same discount as I do.

There could be a few things that are happening.

1.  The agreement when you got your line is different than when your coworkers got theirs so the discounts don't reflect it yet.  Eventually they'll get an email stating that they are no longer offered the discount for everything.

2.  The agreement your coworker(which could be based on departments) works in a different or higher up the food chain and get's the better discount.

It's hard to say what is happen.  Best option is to call your HR rep and send you a copy of the agreement to see what you do and don't get.  If you are supposed to get the discount you can show the paper to a rep in store of fax it to Verizon and they can fix it for you.

0 Likes