Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Don't Understand peoples hatred towards Verizon Wireless and its monthly plans
blazeae

try getting charged for a 4 g which is 3 g and doesnt work you have to have another internet provider to get connected their 4 g junk is 50 other provider is 34 a month you can get connected on the 34 a month but not the 50 a month then you have verizon tell you you have to pay 150 plus 175 for their junk modem been online with customer service they owe me for my time they are up to 500 i charge 25 an hour going to sprint at and t and verizon sucks long time customer of 5 years 

0 Likes
Re: Don't Understand peoples hatred towards Verizon Wireless and its monthly plans
verizonmoderator1

<Branched to new discussion due to the age of the original location.>

0 Likes
Re: Don't Understand peoples hatred towards Verizon Wireless and its monthly plans
CharmingPhlsphr

Don't be silly. You are not free to charge the company for your time because you are not providing a product or service to them. They are not obligated to pay you a dime for the time you took to communicate with their customer support. For many of us, including myself, the 4G works almost flawlessly and justifies the cost. I can go virtually anywhere in the US and have consistently fast data speeds, not to mention the fact that I do not have to worry about dropped services - this is also the standard experience for one of us on the network we have chosen. If you are having issues with connectivity, seek help, don't jump to the silly disconnect threats, and find out what the best available options for you are.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I guess you just need to enforce the contract you have which states Verizon will pay your hourly rate. Shouldn't be a problem. You have one, right?

pollix11

Wow!

It does not cost air-time to call customer service, Did you not realize that you could not connect within your 14 day "Worry Free Guarantee" period? You could have returned your device without any penalty! Finally- surely you were aware that you were signing a two year contract when you accepted the terms and conditions required when you activate a line of service.

I find it impossible to feel sorry or even compassionate for people who do not even test a device during a grace period that is generously provided to them to make sure that the device will fit their needs, or for that matter people that whine about being bound by an agreement that they willingly entered. Send Verizon that bill pal, I'm sure they need a good chuckle!

At any time that you were paying that $84 dollars, you could have done the intelligent thing and dropped your data package to as low as it possible and saved yourself some money. Have fun with extremely slow data transfer rates that other providers offer, I am sure that you will find them less accommodating than Verizon. I am sure they will be happy to have you though.

Here's to the educated consumer! !!

0 Likes
pollix11

Hi rcshnoor!

I adore your sense of humor!

I have seen noticed alot of that hatred as well and do not understand it. Every interaction I have had with Verizon so far has been golden, they bend over backwards to accommodate my wireless needs and take the time to educate me on any sort of technical issue I have had.

Most of the V-bashing I have seen going on here seems to be people that are mad about being bound by a service agreement that they willingly entered, usually without reading it first it seems. Many of the negative comments seem to be about overages that Verizon won't credit back. I feel like it is the consumers responsibility to know what the terms of their service plan are and to stay within them. When I incurred overages one month and called Verizon, my jaw dropped when the customer service rep I was speaking with offered to backdate me to a new plan that covered the $100 dollar or so overage for just the cost of the next level of service plan. Never in my life have I had a cell company offer me anything near that awesome! They went on to tell me that I could do it myself on their website, again, super awesome minus time on hold equals uber awesome.

The other complaint I have seen frequently is about the data packages, which I also do not understand. A smart-phone without data is just a really big basic phone, so it makes sense to me that data plans required. Verizon may not have the cheapest data plans on the market however in my experience they deliver that data faster and more reliably than anyone else out there!

To me it's sort of like buying a car, if you can afford to buy a BMW you sign that contract and make your payments on time and enjoy every second of driving that car, however if you know you can't make the payments and sign the contract anyway perhaps you should have gone to the Toyota dealership instead.  If you couldn't afford the reliability and luxury of that car and knew it when you signed the contract, then what right do you have to be angry with BMW?!?

It seems these days that people don't take the time or effort to become an informed consumer anymore. I think that it's a shame and reflects the overall moral decline in america over the last few generations.

I shall disembark from my soapbox now, In short I have to say I agree with you one-hundred percent RC!

Respectfully,

Pollix

0 Likes
standpretty

You have to understand that cell phone is not a BMW, it is gadget for everyday use they are powerful and fast enough now to have a databases as a example. For example you need to access database in excel or word. Find me a phone that is not a smartphone and can do it. I wanted just that and for this I'd had to pay extra $30 a month. I am not hooked to e-mailing, tweeting, browsing on the phone. I use PC's for whatever I need and it is enough. We are talking about $400 a year/ almost half on the top of the price that one has to pay for the phone.

I asked representatives to give me a name for the phone that can read excel and word files and is not a smartphone.They did not come up with answer. I used LG VS750 Fathom, and they started to charge me $30 a month without me asking or anything.

These cellphones will get only more powerful, you can run there your own applications. But Verizon wants a cut. $30 a month and it has nothing to do with them. I pay them for the phone plan. Not what is running on my phone. Again, imagine there is people who do not e-mail, tweet, browse on the phone. Hard to imagine? This is a fundamental question. Verizon cannot tell people what to run on their phones.

BTW. I was deleted once talking about this. Somebody doesn't like this way of talking. Perhaps because I said I am not a Verizon customer anymore. Lets see if this post is going to be deleted also.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Leader

standpretty wrote:

I use PC's for whatever I need and it is enough.

Try getting an Excel and Word reader on your PC. You'll be able to use it to read those "databases" and can get rid of your phone.

0 Likes
pollix11

Perhaps a laptop would have better suited your needs.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

If you want a smartphone, you will have to get the data plan as a price of owning it.

With that said, you can buy a basic phone if you do not want to pay for the data plan and ALSO a second device to open/view/edit excel and word files. A tablet can do this just fine, and they have a larger screen making it easier to read those excel and word files. There are tablets available which do not require a data plan, either WiFi only devices, or a tablet with cellular data on a month-to-month basis. Then you can choose to activate the cellular data as you see fit.

Those are your options.

0 Likes