Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Double Billed 11/4 & 11/5
ptlinva12

Double Billed 11/4 & 11/5

Previously, due to being unemployed for almost two months, I was not able to pay my bill in full on the due date last month. The good news is that I recently started a new job and my 1st paycheck was set for 11/4/22.

Therefore, I performed a promised to pay for 11/4 for $213.76.  I'm extremely grateful that Verizon offers this tremendous feature to keep you from having your phones shut off.  Both my wife and I are disabled and getting up in years.  The last thing I needed was for my wife not to be able to reach me.

When setting up the "promise to pay" payment on my account, I did not set it up to draft automatically as my funds are tight and I have to be careful.  I exercise extreme caution and I'm very prudent when it comes to my bank account.  I don't behave this way on purpose - it's because so many different people will draft my account when I least expect it or can't afford it.

Getting back on track...

On 11/4/22 @ 7:03pm EST, I did exactly as I promised.  As soon as my payday hit my account, I logged into Verizon.com, and paid my past due amount of $213.76.

I initiated the charge manually, just as I promised that I would do, when setting up the "promise to pay" for 11/4. The amount of $213.76 was charged from my bank account immediately.   

The Verizon website reflected the new payment and reminded me of the upcoming due date on 11/23.  I'll get paid again before that date, so life was great today!

At this point, everything was GREAT!  It feels really good starting to have a regular paycheck again.

So far, so good.  Then...

Approximately 10 hours later, on 11/5/22 @ 3:32am EST this morning, I received an ADDITIONAL CHARGE for the same amount of $213.76.

I did NOT setup or approve the 2nd charge that occurred in the early morning hours of 11/5.

My next bill is NOT even due until 11/23/22.

Why would they charge my card twice?

Now, I have $35 in bounce fees being charged to me due to other items not being able to be processed.  This could possibly increase to over $100 depending on how many things came through last night - we'll have to wait and see once the bank opens.  This doesn't even include the stress being placed on my shoulders due to the possibility of losing my storage units that I'm promised to be paying today (11/5) to keep them from being auctioned.

Are they going to refund me the $35 in fees that I'm receiving?

Will Verizon credit this amount back to my account IMMEDIATELY?
This was my 1st check (which was a LOT smaller due to only being a one-week check) and I need those funds to make it another two weeks as well as saving my personal belongings in storage.

I'm not even asking for the extra hour or so it took me this morning to figure out what happened, futile attempts to contact Verizon (to no avail), then researching, and typing up this email.

If I manually made the payment as promised, shouldn't the "high-tech" Verizon be smart enough to not withdraw funds from my account that I had already paid the day BEFORE?

VERIZON - PLEASE HELP!!

0 Likes
Re: Double Billed 11/4 & 11/5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

¡Hi ptlinva12! Thanks for contacting Verizon Social Media team. We always appreciate your preference and loyalty if you need personal assistance please contact us through Facebook or Twitter for a personal assistance.

>Apollo

0 Likes