Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Droid 2 in Europe?
fourkellys

I am traveling to Europe in a few weeks and have a Droid 2. Is there a way I can use my phone in Europe (Romania, Switzerland)? I would be happy to just text...don't need all the features of the phone. Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Droid 2 in Europe?
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello fourkellys,

Congratulations! It's always makes my day to speak with a fellow traveler! I hope you have a wonderful time in Europe, even if it's for business. The use of your phone is depend on which Droid 2 your own. We have a standard Droid 2 and we have a Droid 2 Global. The standard Droid 2 will not work unless you are on wifi. While on wifi your services will be limited. For example, you can send emails to other wireless devices. Here are some of the popular ways to text via email based on carriers.

At&t - 1234567890@txt.att.net

Boost Mobile - 1234567890@myboostmobile.com

Sprint - 1234567890@messaging.sprintpcs.com

T-Mobile - 1234567890@tmomail.net

Verizon Wireless - 1234567890@vtext.com

Virgin Mobile - 1234567890@vmobl.com

If you have the Droid 2 Global then all we have to do is activate your SIM card that came with the device and you can use all of your device's abilities while in Europe. Here's a link on international rates.

http://b2b.vzw.com/international/traveling_to/index.html

While roaming in Europe, You'll receive a free global alert if/when you exceed $25, $50, $150, $250, $500, $1000 (plus every $1000 over $1000) in global data usage. Here are some recommendations to avoid accidental/excessive usage charges:.

- Utilize public wifi networks whenever possible.

- Ensure your device is powered off when not using it or when the data session has ended.

- Disable widgets and apps that may continually communicate with the network.

- Disable the data roaming option in your phone settings if you don''t plan on using data.

If you have any additional questions or concerns then don't hesitate to reply for assistance.

Enjoy your trip!!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Droid 2 in Europe?
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello fourkellys,

Congratulations! It's always makes my day to speak with a fellow traveler! I hope you have a wonderful time in Europe, even if it's for business. The use of your phone is depend on which Droid 2 your own. We have a standard Droid 2 and we have a Droid 2 Global. The standard Droid 2 will not work unless you are on wifi. While on wifi your services will be limited. For example, you can send emails to other wireless devices. Here are some of the popular ways to text via email based on carriers.

At&t - 1234567890@txt.att.net

Boost Mobile - 1234567890@myboostmobile.com

Sprint - 1234567890@messaging.sprintpcs.com

T-Mobile - 1234567890@tmomail.net

Verizon Wireless - 1234567890@vtext.com

Virgin Mobile - 1234567890@vmobl.com

If you have the Droid 2 Global then all we have to do is activate your SIM card that came with the device and you can use all of your device's abilities while in Europe. Here's a link on international rates.

http://b2b.vzw.com/international/traveling_to/index.html

While roaming in Europe, You'll receive a free global alert if/when you exceed $25, $50, $150, $250, $500, $1000 (plus every $1000 over $1000) in global data usage. Here are some recommendations to avoid accidental/excessive usage charges:.

- Utilize public wifi networks whenever possible.

- Ensure your device is powered off when not using it or when the data session has ended.

- Disable widgets and apps that may continually communicate with the network.

- Disable the data roaming option in your phone settings if you don''t plan on using data.

If you have any additional questions or concerns then don't hesitate to reply for assistance.

Enjoy your trip!!!

0 Likes