Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dropping from traditional shared to single line without going to everything shared?
DarthHelmet

Currently I am on a plan with two lines under the traditional family plans, not the ludicrous everything shared plans.  My question is where is the pricing for the old single lines or is it possible to cancel down to one line without getting roped into the new minimum $90 for a smart phone plans?  The only reason I need to know is I can't convince the wife to kick Verizon's over priced A' to the curb for the newer more reasonable priced SIM only GSM prepaid service offerings that have come available in the last 5-6 months like I plan to move too.

If I recall correctly there were price points of 34.99 -39.99 450 minute single line voice plan, $10 for 1000 text, and $30 for 2GB of data.  Which at 74.99 to 79.99 might not seem like a bargain, its certainly better than $90 for 1GB of and unlimited voice and text that the line is never going to need. I had some hope for the Everything Shared Plans, but even with the same discount level they are embarrassingly overpriced for what Verizon is offering even with a corp discount. 

I'm planning on dropping my fake Verizon Nexus, an insult to the brand really, for the genuine article GSM unlocked Galaxy Nexus straight from Google.  The reception sucks in my house on my Nexus, while my wife's Razr 16GB does decently.  Supposedly the GSM model does better with the new radios in the 4.0.4 update, I haven't seen any improvement on my Verizon model.  But even if the reception is the same, at least I'm not paying a premium price for LTE I can only use away for my house and a "flagship" Google experience device that might get Jelly Bean by end of the year if the Xoom debacle is any indication of Verizon's ability to manage a minor OS upgrade.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Dropping from traditional shared to single line without going to everything shared?
DarthHelmet

Found my own answer here:https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/835055#835055\

You get kicked to the everything shared plans, not just for new customers anymore.  Also the fact that you go from a family share plan to a single line requires a "everything shared" plan is absolutely hilarious in a tragic comedy kind of way.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Dropping from traditional shared to single line without going to everything shared?
Xyvis

Unfortunately those plans aren't available anymore, you may want to contact customer service though to see if they may be able to work with you and somehow get you on one of the old plans (unlikely but worth a shot).

0 Likes
DarthHelmet

Strange as Verizon has been talking out one side of its mouth about how you don't "have to switch" to the shared plans and only new customers would have to go to them.  Looks like a call to script readers is in order.

0 Likes
DarthHelmet

Found my own answer here:https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/835055#835055\

You get kicked to the everything shared plans, not just for new customers anymore.  Also the fact that you go from a family share plan to a single line requires a "everything shared" plan is absolutely hilarious in a tragic comedy kind of way.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Xyvis

I figured that you'd have to go to the Shared Everything plan, the pricing really isn't too bad if you have multiple devices (especially with tablets) but I agree with you, in the event where you only have 1 phone, it is definitely expensive. As for the "only new customer" thing, technically I don't see anything wrong with how they have it, you keep the plan you had when they made the switch, if you need to make a substantial change like separating a line I wouldn't expect them to offer the old single line plans they use to have.

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

DarthHelmet wrote:

Strange as Verizon has been talking out one side of its mouth about how you don't "have to switch" to the shared plans and only new customers would have to go to them.  Looks like a call to script readers is in order.

But going on your own generates a new account and a new account number, so a new account which equals the Share Everything Plan Smiley Sad

0 Likes