Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Early Termination Fee Question
noadarkhunter

I originally signed my plan up with one cellphone and LG Cosmos. I then upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy III, then in the beginning of March I added an Apple iPhone 4 to to my plan as a Share Everything Plan. My currently contract expires 09/17/2014.

I was wondering how much it would cost for me to cancel my plan, due to some recent unexpected changes.

0 Likes
Re: Early Termination Fee Question
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Each line on your account has it's own contract, and the contract end dates are likely different.  Each line also has an ETF, based on how much of the two year term is left and the device purchased for that line under contract.

You said your "current contract expires 9/17/2014" - which means you have fulfilled about 12 months of that contract for one of your line (Galaxy S3) - that line will have an ETF of $230 if you cancel after 9/17/2013.  The Apple iPhone is a separate contract, and if you are cancelling that line as well, that ETF would be $290-$300.  ($350 less $10 for each completed month of contract service).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for being with us and adding a few lines along the way noadarkhunter. I'm sad to hear you need to cancel but can provide you with the information you need. The early termination fee for a smartphone line is $350. It decreases by $10 a month for each full month you complete. Thanks SuzyQ for the amazing information. The information provided from SuzyQ is correct. If you have any questions let us know. We would definitely like to speak with you and find out why you're cancelling.We may have some options to keep you with our family. Our priority is to make sure you have phone service to stay connected to friends and family. We look forward to hearing from you.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

noadarkhunter

Due to losing my job. I lost my job Saturday, and I really would hate to terminate my contract because I love Verizon and the services they provide. I have never had any issues with Verizon nor have I ever paid late. It is just a really unfortunate event.

--- Original Message ---

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi noadarkhunter,

Aww! I am sorry to hear this! We don't want you to be without service. We have a great Financial Service at 866-266-1445 that can help out if you need payment arrangements. We would not be able to let you out of your agreements.  We do have an Assumption of Liability program, where you can have someone you know take over your lines. They would take over your devices and account and you would no longer be financially responsible. Take a look. http://vz.to/yOyxhC I hope all works out for you.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport