Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Early termination fee
ABereanOne

Thanks in advance for the help.  I will try to explain my question.

I have a family plan with 4 lines.  I am trying to figure out how I can tell when my ETF's are?  What I mean, is that I believe there should be a point in time that each line will no longer be in contract.

I cannot figure out from the my verizon website where this information is.

I have been trying not to use phone upgrades in the hopes that I can eventually have no ETF hanging over my head.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Early termination fee
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

From your My Verizon home page, click on your plan description under "My Usage". (see photo #1)

On the resulting page, click on your device of choice and you will see the contract end date for that device. (see photo #2)

You can also key in #upg from your handset and you will receive a free text message from Verizon for when that handset is eligible for an upgrade. Your contract end date is 4 months AFTER you upgrade date.

0 Likes
ABereanOne

So what does it mean if there is no contract end date?

<photo deleted for containing personal information.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
ABereanOne

And I guess I don't understand the "upgrade eligibility date" -- how is this date calculated?

Because my upgrade eligibility date is hard to understand, Verizon says I'm eligible to upgrade now, but it has a date of 06/06/12 for my upgrade eligibility date and it has no date for the contract end date (as you can see above).

Thanks for your help.  I just want to know on what date I can cancel all my lines with no ETF.  Not that I want to, I just want to know how to know the date.  I assume as long as I don't upgrade phones through verizon, I am not changing these dates, right?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I can't say. I have 1 device which is not under contract and it DOES NOT have "Contract End Date:" even listed.

Did you try the #upg from the handset.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

About upgrades, Verizon offers a discounted upgrade in exchange for signing a 2yr contract. Verizon will give you another discounted upgrade for that line AFTER you complete 20 months of your 2yr contract.

With Family Plans, Verizon used to offer an annual upgrade to the plan owner so that you could upgrade the primary line after only 12 months of a 2yr contract. This practice was ended for contracts signed after Jan 15, 2011, but if you signed your last contract prior to Jan 16, 2011, you would still be eligible for 1 last annual upgrade. If Verizon says you are currently eligible to upgrade but has your upgrade eligibility date as 6/6/12, it sounds as if you are currently for your last annual upgrade as the account owner. Therefore, I would say your contract end date is 10/6/12, which is 4 months after your upgrade eligibility date.

The contract end date for the other lines could, of course, be different.

ABereanOne

Thanks again for taking time to help me.

Yes, I put #upg and the information was not clear.  It says:

"Good news! You're on your way to an upgrade" at the top.

Then underneath my phone number it says

"Yes, you are eligible based on your current plan."

And there is a graph starting with 24 18 12 and 6

and a green bar that is almost to the end.

But it doesn't have a contract end date.

But what I don't understand is, for example, my wife's phone has an upgrade date of 3/12/2013, so does that mean that her contract ends 7/12/2013?

That actually makes sense to me.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

ABereanOne wrote:

But what I don't understand is, for example, my wife's phone has an upgrade date of 3/12/2013, so does that mean that her contract ends 7/12/2013?

That actually makes sense to me.

That's right - the upgrade date for most lines will be 4 months prior to the contract end.  And when I do the #upg on my phone, all it says is that I am eligible to upgrade at discounted pricing; it doesn't give a date at all.  I can log in to MyVerizon (as account owner) and view all the phones and upgrade dates.  ***Seems they've changed things around again - I could click on the individual device and get a contract end date, but I'm not seeing that now.  Hmmmm....

0 Likes