Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Early upgrading my device
jvasquez1142

I am 13 years old. I own a DROID X, my brother owns a MOTOBLUR, and my dad owns a G'ZOne.
We are on a family plan in which we share 1400this minutes a month and unlimited texting/internet.
My dad said I could get the iPhone 4S for the Christmas. My upgrade isn't until August 2nd, 2012. I have a few ideas, which one is cheaper?
1) My sister wants a phone. She gets this one and we add a line to our plan in which I receive the iPhone 4S / Would my dad have to pay full retail on the iPhone this way?
2) {edited to comply with Terms of Service}

3) Just let my sister have this phone and I go to AT&T and get my own plan w/ the iPhone.

0 Likes
Re: Early upgrading my device
silver6055

jvasquez1142 wrote:
I am 13 years old. I own a DROID X, my brother owns a MOTOBLUR, and my dad owns a G'ZOne.
We are on a family plan in which we share 1400this minutes a month and unlimited texting/internet.
My dad said I could get the iPhone 4S for the Christmas. My upgrade isn't until August 2nd, 2012. I have a few ideas, which one is cheaper?
1) My sister wants a phone. She gets this one and we add a line to our plan in which I receive the iPhone 4S / Would my dad have to pay full retail on the iPhone this way?
2){edited to comply with Terms of Service}

3) Just let my sister have this phone and I go to AT&T and get my own plan w/ the iPhone.

Re 2: It's always a great idea, on a forum owned by a company, to publicly state how you might choose to defraud that company.

On 1) No, if it's a newly added line, your father will be able to get the iPhone at the subsidized rate.  You can then put that phone on your number if you need to keep your old number and your sister gets your Droid X on the new line.  The Droid X will not have unlimited data, when you create the new line you have to choose some amount of tiered data.   I think you can still get the 4GB for $30 deal at present.  She won't be able to upgrade for 20 months but your old line will keep the upgrade date of Aug 2012.

0 Likes
Re: Early upgrading my device
spottedcatfish

jvasquez1142 wrote:
1) My sister wants a phone. She gets this one and we add a line to our plan in which I receive the iPhone 4S / Would my dad have to pay full retail on the iPhone this way? If your father adds a line and brings his own equipment, he could then get the iPhone 4S at a discount and activate it on your line instead.  But adding one line and signing one contract means one discounted phone.
2) {edited to comply with Terms of Service}

Lying is a bad idea, and to boot, Apple does not allow early upgrades, so the instant you say "I want an iPhone, you're done, even if the rep buys your lie (which I hope they don't, that type of fraud is what increases prices for the rest of us)
3) Just let my sister have this phone and I go to AT&T and get my own plan w/ the iPhone. Sure, but having an individual plan on AT&T will cost more than an addon line on Verizon.

0 Likes