Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Employee Discount
jch111

Well lesson learned, and should have known better.

After waiting for the one or two billing cycles for my employee discount to take effect, I contacted Verizon customer service as to why it had not shown up on my third billing cycle.  I was told that this was a promotional deal, and that the same plan was already discounted from $90/mo.  Therefore, my employee discount would not be applied.  Nowhere on the website did this say that the $60 /mo. offer was promotional, nor was I told that my employee discount did not apply to the monthly service charge.  I was not told by the service rep., at the Limerick, PA. store that this would be the case when I purchased the phone and plan.   Additionally, when I contacted Verizon initially in October regarding the "employee discount", the service rep on the phone said nothing about not being qualified for the discount, and that I should wait for an additional billing period for it to take effect.

I am now in a two year plan, paying more for a cell phone that I wanted to get, to do away with my landline; and it is now costing me more money per month than the original landline.  Oh and the best that the service rep. on the phone could do, was credit $15 on my current-due phone bill.

As far as I am concerned, I should be allowed my employee discount for being misled due to poor training on the part of Verizon and their employees.

I will give Verizon three days to contact me regarding this situation, and if a reasonable solution is not reached, then I am cancelling my service.

Joe Hoffner

Re: Employee Discount
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Good luck with your new provider.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
jch111

Thanks for trolling the board rschnoor.  Your input was enlightening!

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

He's just saying that you are not going to be contacted to get the employee discount on the line that is not eligible for it, so you might as well start planning your change to a different provider, finding one that will pay part or all of your early termination fee. Just saying.

0 Likes
Not applicable

So you want a $30 discount AND an employee discount or you bail? Even if you got the discount at best it would be a few dollars.

0 Likes
jch111

No, what I was referring earlier to was a discount on the original fee of $60.  Now I am being told the $60 was a promotional price drop from $90.  With that in mind, I want my employee discount applied to the $60.  And why would they give me $15 credit on my current-due bill, if a mistake on their part wasn't being glossed over? 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yes the $60 fee is discount. The regular price is $90. Reps have stated time and time again that you do not get employee discounts on that plan. $15 would be MUCH higher than any employee discount you would get.

0 Likes