Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Employee discount on family plan, not primary account holder
Dest

I just joined a company that has an employee discount program with Verizon. I am on a Family Plan (not the new share everything) with my siblings/parents and am not a primary account administrator or whatever it's called. Can I still use the employee discount?

0 Likes
Re: Employee discount on family plan, not primary account holder
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

The account would need to be in your name to take advantage of the discount.  Only one discount can be applied to an account.

0 Likes
Dest

If I was added as an account administrator would that work?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

No. The account has to be in your name. Additionally, if your parents are getting a discount thru their employer, you wouldn't be eligible since the account is already getting a discount.

0 Likes
Dest

They're not getting a discount.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

You would still have to become the account "owner" to be eligible for a discount thru your employer. If you are not currently the account owner, this would require you to go to a Verizon store and sign a contract/AOL (Assumption of Liability) agreeing to become the responsible party for ALL lines on the account. As a result, if anyone on the account decided to stop paying, YOU would be the responsible party for any payments that needed to be made.

Edit: furthermore, your credit report would need to be run and if it is not up to the standards Verizon requires for their accounts, you may have to put down a security deposit on each of the lines.

0 Likes
Dest

Sounds like it'll just be easier to split myself off then.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Yes, splitting off to your own plan, and using your employee discount is an option.  You would do an Assumption of Liability and keep your same number...

0 Likes
Dest

Thanks for the help everyone. Am I correct in assuming that I can keep my unlimited data through the split?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Dest wrote:

Thanks for the help everyone. Am I correct in assuming that I can keep my unlimited data through the split?

Mmmmmm, that could be an issue.  When you do an AOL, you need to choose a plan, and the unlimited is no longer a choice, so my gut says no, you would not be able to keep unlimited.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes