Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Extended 3G
slowjim

I have AC FAMILY SHARE PLAN 700 and 2G data on my phone.

Sometimes I am in different areas of the country. Recently, I was in Bowling Green, KY. On my phone, the top of the screen showed 'Extended Network'. Also on your Verizon overage map this area shows up as 'Extended 3G Data'. THROUGHOUT this area, I was unable to use any data services there.

My Mobile Network settings on my phone are;

1. Data Enabled (checked)
2. Global Data Roaming Access (Deny data roaming access)
3. System select (Automatic)

Shouldn't I have been able to use 'Extended 3G Data' in that area as part of my data plan?

0 Likes
Re: Extended 3G
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

I do not think VZW has a data agreement with the provider for data for some of us. I have an Alltel plan and I do not get data through most of KY heading down I-65 once I get south of Elizabethtown, KY.

0 Likes
slowjim

If that is the case, then I suppose the coverage map is perhaps somewhat misleading. Oh well, it does OK almost anywhere else. I just want to make sure that my phone has access to data when it is supposed to. Is 'Extended 3G' coverage available to me as part of my plan?

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Coverage for AC plans and Alltel plans are slightly different than VZW nationwide plans.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi slowjim,

I understand your concerns regarding Extended 3G coverage. While we cannot guarantee 3G signal in Extended coverage areas (please see bottom page disclosure online at vzw.com/COVERAGE), updating your phone may improve 3G signal in Extended coverage areas. Please update your phone by dialing *228 and select option 2 while within Verizon Wireless coverage.

0 Likes