Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Extreme displeasure and disgust
AlexMedina

For my birthday I decided to switch to Verizon after being a loyal customer of ATT for over 20 years.  I decided to treat myself to an Apple 6plus.  When I go in, it was a nightmare getting helped but I overlooked that.  Once I did get helped, it was like pulling teeth.  I thought that the guy was going into the back to have a smoke every 5 minutes.  I then get to the register and I had sent them a copy of my Home Depot patsy to prove that I worked for Home Depot, in order to get my activation fee waived.  On the receipt it showed the activation, but was assured that it would come off on my bill.

I go home and register my phone and create an account.  A few days later I enroll in Autopay. 

Now you would think that since I am set up on autopay things would go smoothly.  However today I am awoken to an automated call from Verizon that my service is being cut off for failure to pay.  Of course I do the walk over to the computer and see that autopay and my information is in the system.  Seems that they can harass me and give me a heart attack about cutting off my phone but can't look into their own system and see that the information is right there.  My mother is 83 years old living up in Virginia and sadly my phone is the most important items that I have on me always in case of emergency and I have to get to her side.  To say the least I am not happy at that point but I decide to pay the past due amount, as I want to check and see if I was given credit for the activation.    I take great insult and am offended that I am called like that.  And when I call in to talk to someone about this I am told that I just signed up today.  NO, I went in today to see the information and updated some items, I have your letter from March 1 saying thanks for joining autopay.  What, I am some sort of moron that I can not understand simple english.  Am I special and need to be awaken in a panic over phone cancellation.  And one last note, I am being charged a $5.00 late fee when Verizon has all of my payment information and are too stupid to process it.  Sorry but they are quick on some things and then slow on others.  Let's see if they will be slow to charge me next month, or that I am intentionally slow on paying them.

What I find next brings my blood to a boil.

As noted before, I work for the Home Depot, I am suppose to get a discount on my monthly service.  Both the past bill and this bill, NO discount.

As noted before, I was suppose to get a credit for the activation fee.  Nothing in bill number 1 or 2.

Something that I have noted also, Verizon is suppose to have the best coverage in the US for voice and date.  Not the case here in Titusville, FL.  Now lease keep in mind, I did not buy a Mickey Mouse (near Disney so I love using this as a catch phrase) Phone, it was their latest Apple iPhone 6 Plus.  Should get a great signal.  The answer is NO.  With my old Apple 3g and iPhone 5 from ATT I would have 4 or 5 bars of reception in my house and backyard.  Verizon, 1 or 2 and a lot of dropped calls.  The LTE is another joke.  To many sporadic connections.  Jumps from LTE to 3G 5 times in 10 minutes of use.  Internet connection dropped a few times.  Oh and I know about the CDMA and GSM difference of talk and LTE use.  This is none talk use.  As I was saying before, I would have the phone next to me and not a ring.  Next thing I know, DING a voice mail appears.  I check my call log, no incoming call.  Did I happen to mention that I have an 83 year old mother living hundreds of miles away and that the most important thing that I have on me 24/7 is my phone.  If I need to be reached how comforting it is to know that I will not get that emergency call when my mother needs me the most.  By the way, I have spoken to apple about this and they say that the phone is operating correctly, it is VERIZON that is having a problem on their end.

But wait, you may think that I am just ranting and raving and getting out my frustration over todays incident  The answer is NO!!!  I am mad as all over being lied to by Verizon the company, customer support and sales.  I know that Verizon gives you 14 days to cancel.  I called within that time to complain about the discount and activation and was assured that it would be taken off.  I decided to give it the month and see where the dice rolled.  In that sense, yes, I am stupid for believing your sales representative and not canceling the contract right there and then.

Let me make it condensed for you.

1 No activation credit has been given

2 No Home Depot employee discount given

3 Horrible Voice and Data coverage

4 Misrepresentation of facts

5 Harassing threatening call about service cancellation

These are the five points of my extreme displeasure.  These are the five reasons why I am submitting this to the FCC and the BBB and I am demanding that Verizon cancel my contract, complete refund for the telephone.  Since I have paid till the 18th of March, I will allow you to use the activation fee as a prorated for the days that I have used the phone since then.  I do not expect anything for free and agree that I must pay for what I use, but I will not pay a termination and take a loss on this telephone for the incompetence of your services.  I am going back to ATT, never should have left.  I expect a reply to this demand by March 30th.

Side note, you may state mediation, but remember that if it can not be mediated, it goes to court and the legal expenses will pale compared to what is owed to me now.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Extreme displeasure and disgust
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
*UPDATE* Looks like you are not following us. Can you follow us and send me a direct message so I can help you further? Thanks! https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-1613  BryanS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
AlexMedina I apologize for the confusion that has taken place here! I want you to truly get the most out of your service with us and enjoy the confidence in knowing you have made the right decision in coming to Verizon Wireless. I am familiar with the requirements and time frame for these circumstances you have talked about. I want to look over your account in more detail with you. I am going to reach out to you by direct message so we can work together on this. Look for that message to be arriving soon! Thanks in advance. BryanS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
*UPDATE* Looks like you are not following us. Can you follow us and send me a direct message so I can help you further? Thanks! https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-1613  BryanS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pherson
Leader

This whole post is just...... sad. Very sad. But, I'll sum up the resolution rather quickly:

You will not have your early termination or any other fees waived if you leave.

You will not be refunded the cost of the phone.

It takes several bill cycles to get activation/employee discount

Best wishes at your new provider.

AlexMedina

Just saw your message now and have started following you. 

0 Likes
AlexMedina

pherson Ah it is a "sad" story to say the least.  Actually it is a story that had my blood boiling.  Their reps going on and on at the store about how good they are and that they have so many advantages over ATT.  Sad again because in the area that my mother is in, only Verizon signal in the county, my ATT is truly a brick there.  So I decided that it was worth a shot.  I should have purchased the Apple unlocked phone in their store, capable of GSM & CDMA and then just have to purchase the chip and get service. 

And as to the dispute, I am if anything open to talk to them and attempt to find a compromise.  If not, then let me inform them that I have just spent the last 6 years fighting a very interesting case and when all around me said I was a fool for the fight, I won and then some. 

Just their attorney fees will be enough for me when I am done with this case.  Pay little now or pay big later, the ball is in their court.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

AlexMedina wrote:

Let me make it condensed for you.

1 No activation credit has been given

2 No Home Depot employee discount given

3 Horrible Voice and Data coverage

4 Misrepresentation of facts

5 Harassing threatening call about service cancellation

Let me address your condensed version

1 When Verizon waives activation fees, they have always charged it and then refunded it after 2-3 billing cycles. No reason to think you would be given special treatment.

2 employee discounts can take 1-2 months to be reflected on your bill. Regardless, if you are unsure if yours has been properly added you can check on it or re-add it HERE.

3 That is why you should go with the provider which best suits your needs. The same provider will not be the best provider for all users.

5 All I can say is that when I signed up for autopay, I specifically got a message that informed me I should continue to pay my bill manually UNTIL I received a bill which stated it would be automatically paid with autopay on a specified date. Until the bill has that printed on the document, autopay will not pay the bill. If you also input your information incorrectly, the payment will possibly bounce.

AlexMedina

@rcschnoor

As to the first point of activation, the representative said I would not be charged an activation fee at the beginning, and then when he began the process did an oops expression and said that the activation fee was charged by mistake but that it would be removed on the next billing.  So according to you, the rep knew from the start that I was going to be charged, deceitfully lied to me about the waive and the oops accident.  Which means he also blatantly lied to me when he said that the discount will appear on the first bill.  So then am I to understand that Verizon and its employees are intentionally lying to its prospective customers. 

As to the autopay, I received a letter that said thank you for enrolling and made no mention of a delay in activation or that I should continue to pay.

Now regarding service, is not Verizon the best and largest network.  Are they not the better then ATT.  And yet they're not.  When I had ATT I knew that there are part of the country that I have limited to no service, I accept that.  What I can not accept is the fluctuation in service.  An example just now, I am here in my office, 3 bars.  Have spoken to many people today.  I am all of a sudden dinged that I have a voicemail, and yet the phone never rang.  Call back the person and they tell me call went straight to voicemail, never rang.  Others tell me that it rings 5 times and then voice.  And the infamous calls that I somehow dialed and yet my phone shows no outbound calls yet the persons phone showed my name and number.  Did I mention cross connections and interference.  How are they the best?  I never had these sorts of problems with ATT or my mother's Verizon service, hence the Apple call/diagnostic and return of a good working cell phone.  No the problem is Verizon wanting to be the biggest but not securing all of their holes.

But I do thank you for the information and now I know, they intentionally deceived me into this voidable/void contract.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

AlexMedina wrote:

As to the first point of activation, the representative said I would not be charged an activation fee at the beginning, and then when he began the process did an oops expression and said that the activation fee was charged by mistake but that it would be removed on the next billing.  So according to you, the rep knew from the start that I was going to be charged, deceitfully lied to me about the waive and the oops accident.

Whether or not the rep was aware this is how it works, I certainly have no way of knowing. I obviously cannot read their minds. I have found many Verizon reps not to be the best trained out there, as I have seen the reps from other providers to be the same. Keep in mind, this is a high turnover profession, normally at an entry level wage. It is also possible the rep was not aware this is the case, unless you have information this is not the case.

AlexMedina wrote:

As to the autopay, I received a letter that said thank you for enrolling and made no mention of a delay in activation or that I should continue to pay.

I am only going by the confirmation I have received each time I have ever signed up for autopay.

AlexMedina wrote:

Now regarding service, is not Verizon the best and largest network.  Are they not the better then ATT.  And yet they're not.  When I had ATT I knew that there are part of the country that I have limited to no service, I accept that.  What I can not accept is the fluctuation in service.  An example just now, I am here in my office, 3 bars.  Have spoken to many people today.  I am all of a sudden dinged that I have a voicemail, and yet the phone never rang.  Call back the person and they tell me call went straight to voicemail, never rang.  Others tell me that it rings 5 times and then voice.  And the infamous calls that I somehow dialed and yet my phone shows no outbound calls yet the persons phone showed my name and number.  Did I mention cross connections and interference.  How are they the best?  I never had these sorts of problems with ATT or my mother's Verizon service, hence the Apple call/diagnostic and return of a good working cell phone.  No the problem is Verizon wanting to be the biggest but not securing all of their holes.

NO provider is the best in ALL locations. No provider even claims to be. That is why you must choose the BEST provider for  YOUR needs. The same provider will not be the best provider for all customers. What is best for some will not necessarily be best for others.

AlexMedina wrote:

But I do thank you for the information and now I know, they intentionally deceived me into this voidable/void contract.

I certainly cannot tell if the intentionally deceived you. Possibly you have additional information you have not shared????

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Check the bill in question, does it have something on it which states "DO NOT MAIL PAYMENT"  as indicated on an old bill I have posted with the account signed up for autopay? If not, autopay is not yet active and payment would not have posted automatically. If you do have such a statement, there is also the possibility incorrrect payment information was input. There is more than one reason why you may have a problem.

Untitled-1.jpg

0 Likes