Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FAMILY SHARED DATA PLANS
YETCHUN

WE ARE RETIRED AND ARE ABLE TO TRAVEL SO THESE SMART PHONES ARE A TREMENDOUS HELP TO US. WE HAVE YOUR FAMILY SHARE PLAN (700 MINUTES) WHICH WE HAVE YET TO EXCEED. MY WIFE IS CONSIDERING AN UPGRADE TO HER PHONE TO THE SAMSUNG CHARGE FROM HER LG CHOCOLATE. AS WE ARE ON A "FIXED" INCOME THESE DAYS WE REALLY DO NOT WANT TO INVEST IN A SECOND DATA PLAN FOR HER SMART PHONE. I AM FORTUNATE THAT I HAVE THE UNLIMITED PLAN ON MY THUNDERBOLT AND UNDERSTAND VERIZON'S RECENT CHANGE TO 2GB FOR $29.95, IT MAKES SENSE. I DOUBT THAT WE WOULD EVER USE MORE THAN 2GB OF DATA JUST LIKE WE HAVE NEVER GONE OVER 700 MINUTES.

MY SUGGESTION FOR IMMEDIATE IMPLEMENTATION BY VERIZON IS A FAMILY SHARE DATA PLAN FOR THOSE OF US THAT ALREADY HAVE OR ARE IN THE FAMILY SHARE MINUTES PLAN(S). YOU ARE A SMART COMPANY AND I BELIEVE THIS IDEA WOULD BE VERY VERY POPULAR FOR MANY OF US AND VERIZON WOULD BE FIRST.

THANK  YOU

LONNIE L OSWALT 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: FAMILY SHARED DATA PLANS
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi YETCHUN,

Thank you for your suggestion and to the community for your responses!

Verizon Wireless is always looking for ways to better meet the needs of our customers. We do hope you know that. Though we are not currently offering shared family data plans, your feedback provides us with the perfect opportunity to hear exactly what you think, and often leads to improvements you will see in the future.

I have included a link for our plans. Simply click on "View Plan Details" underneath the "Family Share Plan" section of the page to see the information. 

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?&item=planFirst&action=viewPlanOverview

Thanks very much and have a good day!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
robbydek

I agree although my case is a little bit different, my account has 4 feature phones that would be upgraded if it wasn't $30/phone.  If we could get 2GB for $30 and satisfied the requirement then that's four more smartphones they'd have (and probably more money money from purchasing phones).

0 Likes
cf1351

I agree! It is time for VZW to come up with a family data share plan. To spend an additional $30 per person is crazy. I have 5 shared phones. My grand kids want the smart phones but who can afford this.?I have been with VZW since it was Cellular One in my town. About 15 years! I am thinking of looking into other companies that offer a more cost effective data plan.

budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

May be popular, but would it be profitable???  I am sure they are smart enough to come up with a family data plan by the holidays, but I can guarantee there will not be one for someone who has an unlimited data plan now.

0 Likes
jco23
Novice

i think they are heavily considering this option.  But first they are testing the current promotion of $20/month for 300 MB in the MD/DC/VA area - got me to upgrade.

However, my guess is if they do go towards a family share data plan, it would probably initially look like $50/month to share 4 GB (which is only a $10/savings over the current separated plans).

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi YETCHUN,

Thank you for your suggestion and to the community for your responses!

Verizon Wireless is always looking for ways to better meet the needs of our customers. We do hope you know that. Though we are not currently offering shared family data plans, your feedback provides us with the perfect opportunity to hear exactly what you think, and often leads to improvements you will see in the future.

I have included a link for our plans. Simply click on "View Plan Details" underneath the "Family Share Plan" section of the page to see the information. 

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?&item=planFirst&action=viewPlanOverview

Thanks very much and have a good day!

0 Likes
genek1953

I am ready to leave Verizon if necessary for the first provider that offers a shared data plan, and until someone does I will not be signing on for another 2-yr Verizon agreement when my current one runs out or doing any phone upgrades so I'll have the ability to switch as soon as one is available from anyone.

0 Likes
robbydek

Verizon has had family voice plans for a long time.  They could easily make it up, if they offered shared data.  They seem to have some of the most patient loyal customers (they reason they are as big as they are, even without having the iPhone until February and why AT&T still has around 3 times the iPhones).

As for what Verizon would lose, they might lose some revenue from a few customers who would either not go over anymore or drop data on a line.  Ultimately, I believe that more people would get data (and might even pay for phones) meaning more smartphones and fewer feature phones and an increase in the number of people going over their allowance.

If Sprint gets the iPhone, I might just take all my lines and go to them, cheaper minutes and data, unless Verizon gets shared data because reliability is only worth so much.

0 Likes
tspicer1

Please please please add a family share data package as an option. We are a family of 5 and 3 of us have smart phones. We would love to upgrade our youngest teen's phone to a smart phone but the 30$ per phone cost is killing us. Also, we need internet at home and again, with the separate 50$ per month cost for a mi-fi we just simply cannot afford it. 

We have moved our home phone to verizon, have 5 lines with 3 smart phones. We want to add another smart phone and mi-fi for home internet but we cannot justify spending  over 350$ per month for communication services. If it were bundled and we shared the data we could possibly add these services/devices. 

Thank you very much for your consideration!

0 Likes
LoyalSoFar

Thanks for the information, Christine. Let me add one data point to your marketing information. I am a normally-aging American-- this means I need reading glasses. I have good vision-- this means I do not need bifocals, just reading glasses. This makes me unwilling to shell out $360/year for data I can't see on my teeny-weeny phone without finding my glasses. And THIS makes me unwilling to step up to a smartphone at all-- although I would do it in a heartbeat if I could just combine my iPod with my phone, and forget about the "smart" part of it. And I would still do it in several heartbeats-- if Verizon had a family data-share plan. My data-loving, sharp-eyed student kids could use all the data, and I could reduce the number of devices I carry. A good deal for everybody. But not if that same deal means paying $30 per month, per family member-- over a thousand dollars a year-- in order to flush that money right down the toilet in the case of the visually-impaired family members and shell out overcharges in the case of the data-hogs. With today's aging population, it's hard for me to believe that ours is the only family in this situation. The only question is, will Verizon addrress this issue first or let other providers lead the charge? The choice of who gets our business in the future depends almost exclusively on the answer.