Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Family Plan: 2 Phones having contracts ending at the same time?
DebKa2m2er

Okay after reading this, I'm more confused than ever!  My story goes like this... I have 4 lines, 2 of them line 2 & line 4, have upgrade eligibility on both going back to Aug 2011. The other 2 lines, line 1 primary & line 3 have upgrades available this June 2012.  Well my daughter who's upgrade line 3, isn't available until June wanted the iPhone for Easter.  So I used line 2, that has upgrade date of Aug 26, 2011 & transferred it to line 3, that has upgrade date of June 7, 2012. When I did the transfer online in here the date of line 3, transferred over to line 2, and the line 2 date transferred over to line 3, showing the new extended 20 months added. But tonight, when I logged on to upgrade the line 4, the dates that had been switched are not showing what they dd when I did the transfer! Line 2, now has a new upgrade date of Dec 2013 & line 3, still has its upgrade date of June 2012. I feel like I was lured, deceived and tricked into a scam?  I've been a long time Verizon Customer and I'm really pissed about this! Seriously... The transfer dates had switched, flipped to both phones and now a few weeks later...it shows the complete opposite!

I'm mostly angry because I could have transferred line 4 to line 3 and left line 2 alone because I've been thinking of deleting that line seeing nobody in the family uses it anymore!  Help!!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Family Plan: 2 Phones having contracts ending at the same time?
DebKa2m2er

If Verizon doesn't look into their online glitch and correct this deceive I have 30 days to return the phone and just wait and do the upgrade in June or transfer line 4 to line 3. Of course they'll make me pay set up charge right????

0 Likes
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

You are reading a thread from over 2 years ago. Things have changed dramatically since then. So dont base your process from this thread. You have 14 days to return a phone now, not 30.

Line three will still have a June '12 upgrade date as you used your update (I believe) to get her phone. Her date does not change because she now has the new phone. Your line has the new upgrade date. So you can use hers when it comes up for another line.

0 Likes
DebKa2m2er

This is bullshit because it's a scam Verizon is doing! I took photos of the web pages before doing the transfers and it has all 4 phones with upgrade dates below each phone! Second photo shows a transferred upgrade to the line selected and both dates have transferred from one phone to the other! They show the transfer of the upgrade date under the switched phones!  This is what I was shown on your website doing the upgrade transfer but it's a scam because it's not like that now after we're fooled/tricked into the purchase!

I want what was shown on the transfer page before I clicked purchase or I'm going to seek counsel and take Verizon to court! I'm sure there are others like me that we're fooled into your scam as well? I'm not joking, this is wrong and shame on you!!!

0 Likes
lewisr13
Leader

After the upgrade the upgrade dates should show as follows:

Line 1  - june 2012

Line 2  - Dec 2013

Line 3  - June 2012

Line 4  - Aug 2011

If it does not show this way, then there is an error.

0 Likes
DebKa2m2er

Before I did the upgrade the upgrade dates had showed as follows:

Line 1  - 6/6/12

Line 2  - 8/26/11

Line 3  - 6/7/12

Line 4  - 9/26/11

I then transferred line 2's upgrade to line 3 and this is what was shown on the web page

Line 1  - 6/6/12

Line 2  - 6/7/12

Line 3  - 8/26/11

Line 4  - 9/26/11

Okay so the original 2 dates got switched to opposite lines & I proceeded with the purchase, knowing that Line 3 will have the 2 yr extension because the upgrade was transferred to that line and Line 3's date 6/7/12 moved to line 2.

So then logging in & checking website yesterday 2 weeks after doing the purchase upgrade this is what's shown:

Line 1  - 6/6/12

Line 2  - 12/6/13

Line 3  -  6/7/12

Line 4  - 9/26/11

Question is why did the Line 2 & Line 3 switch dates under both phones with line 2 showing 6/7/12 date and NOW it's back to the line 3 again? You made it seem like the 2 yr upgrade date would transfer to Line 3 when switching the dates & thats what I was tricked into thinking that Line 2's date moved over with the new phone to Line 3.

Your website is very deceiving, and makes the purchaser think the dates are being transferred and they're NOT!!! If the transfer process was correct it should have shown this below, before you click on "next" at bottom right hand corner to do the purchase, not change back around and fool the buyer after the fact?

If Verizon had shown the truth below I would have used line 4 instead of line 3. So NOW I'm really mad because Verizon had falsely lured me & my intentions! They need to fix this and correct it because they're screwing over their customers!

Line 1  - 6/6/12

Line 2  - 12/6/13

Line 3  -  6/7/12

Line 4  - 9/26/11

I also just logged on and did another transfer and it did the same thing, it switches the dates and I took photos of that for backup!

0 Likes
Toyota4x4van

I don't know why it showed online that the dates transfer to the other lines.  It shouldn't.  You are not actually "transferring" the upgrade, you are "using" it for a different line.  Poor choiceof words for Verizon to use on their website, I know, but that is the case.  The contract dates/updates stay with the original line, regardless of what other line you may decide to "use" that upgrade for.

I'm not sure how that is screwing over their customers, though.  You can use any "upgrade" that comes available on any line you want.  If you call Verizon (calmly!), you may be able to get them to change it so that your line 4 upgrade gets used rather than your line 2 upgrade.  Just a word of advice, though; don't yell at the CSR you get on the phone; they are not the one who designed/coded the website, but they ARE the one who may be able to help you out by getting it switched.