Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First responders discount doesn’t qualify for physicians or physicians in training (Resident doctors)
avnissanka

Hello, first off I am glad to see Verizon expanded their first responders discount to include nurses. However, I am curious why physicians and especially physicians in training (resident doctors) were excluded. Resident doctors often work long hours with very little pay and would benefit greatly from such a discount. Given the COVID pandemic many use their mobile phones for patient care more than ever. Please let me know if any has any thoughts.

Re: First responders discount doesn’t qualify for physicians or physicians in training
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We definitely appreciate your time with us and the work that you do in this difficult time. Many Verizon employees’ spouses, family members, and friends are also in the healthcare field, so we understand the compassion, sacrifice, and hard work of everyone taking care of patients. At this time, the discount is for nurses but feel free to reach out to us with a Private Note if you have any questions about available discounts. Please also stay tuned using this link to see any and all updates, additions, or changes to our response: https://www.verizon.com/about/news/our-response-coronavirus

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
Re: First responders discount doesn’t qualify for physicians or physicians in training
Akumar1529

It's amazing that Physicians who have been treating patients since the onset are not included in the discount.  It's not really about the discount but that fit if you include nurses which is great, you should include the whole lot of professionals that it takes to treat a patient including MD, DO, RN, NP, PA, SLP, PT, OT, RT.  It's a team that is required to help a patient survive and its a team that should be included in whatever discount is provided.  Unfortunate, I have 5 lines with you and am giving serious thought to switching to another carrier.  

muojeks

I appreciate Verizon's to reward first responders. However i am really disappointed that the rewards is only available for nurses and not physicians. Nurses and physicians work together to provide good care for patients,so why reward nurses and not physicians.Does Verizon have any explanation for this? I will like to advance this debate to verizon's higher authorities.

Tigerstep

Probably should just get rid of this silly distinction and allow anyone with an employee discount to get something off unlimited. When unlimited returned, it used to be military only.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Verizon recognizes the contributions of all those who are in the healthcare profession, especially during these trying times. Many of our spouses, family members, and friends are with you on the front lines helping serve our communities.

Our Those Who Serve program is available to these groups across the US. This broad availability requires us to use nationally-standardized validation methods. We also must comply with regulations for those employed by local or state governments. As a result, certifications and licenses for select professions are required. We continue to review expanding the program to include other groups.

For healthcare professionals not covered under the Those Who Serve program, other discounts may be available based on your employer. To check, visit our Discount Program page and choose Existing Customers or New to Verizon and follow the prompts.

0 Likes
nycdoc

I think you are replying to wrong post. Or maybe you just don’t have any justification. In any case your company’s despise towards physicians is reflected by your actions

0 Likes