Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Future dating plan change?
jb1900

I am confused on changing the data on my share everything plan.   I am trying to keep from being billed a month in advance. Right now i have the 4GB data plan/Share everything but found out 2GB is plenty.  If I reduce the data to the 2GB plan and future date it will I be billed another month in advance/ double access bill?

0 Likes
Re: Future dating plan change?
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

If you change to a 2 GB plan, and date it to take effect on your next billing cycle, then you would pay your normal rate this billing cycle, and the new rate the next billing cycle.  It may show a credit for the 4 GB plan (which has been billed in advance), then a charge for the 2 GB plan. 

You can't avoid being "billed in advance" - that's just how it's done.  Look at your current bill - you are billed for the month coming up (in advance) - and any overages or charges for the previous month.

0 Likes
Future dating plan change?
jb1900

So,...if i switch to 2gb this month and back to 4gb next month and back to 2gb the next i will be double billed all months for access even if I future date it?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

No, but your bills will likely be confusing -

Say today you are on a 2 GB plan, your billing cycle ends the 30th of this month.  You want to switch to 4 GB for October; you've already paid on September's bill, for 2 GB for October, so your bill will show a credit for  the 2GB rate, a charge for 4 GB (so you will only pay the difference for October) and then payment November at 4GB rate.  Then you want to switch back to 2 GB for November - your next bill will show a credit of the 4 GB you already paid for November, the charge for 2GB, then 2 GB rate for December.

Make sense? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi jb1900,

I know changing plans can be confusing. The last message from SuzyQ was pretty dead on. You will end up paying only for the package you end up having. Like in her example: your cycle ends on Sept 30 and right now you're on the 4GB plan and you date a change for Oct 1 to move to 2GB, the bill you have to pay Sept 25 would have been for 4GB and the next bill to be paid Oct 25 will be for 2GB. You can't avoid being billed in advance but we won't charge you more than the plan you end up using. Let us know if this is understandable.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jb1900

Thank you all.  I think I understand now.   I was thinking everytime I went up or down on my data plan I would be billed 2 months and never recoupe the months in advance.   I see that is not the case.  Thanks again.

0 Likes