Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GO Unlimited vs Start Unlimited Data Plan
KKM4

I just recently switched (a trial period) from the Go Unlimited Data Plan to the Start Unlimited Data Plan.  From what i can tell, the stats are the same however, i feel like my download speeds have severely reduced in speed and it's only in the middle of the month...does anyone have insight to share? Should i wait until the thirty days are up to switch back?

Re: GO Unlimited vs Start Unlimited Data Plan
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Did the trial specifically say you had 30 days to test the Start Unlimited Plan? 

As far as I know, the Go Unlimited Plan is technically now retired and switching to a current plan means you can't switch back to the retired plan unless you change your mind within 14 days and put in an inactive pricing request to restore your plan to the retired plan. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

glitchedpixel

There's no such thing as a trial with plans. Not officially. Sounds like a rep offered to change the plan as a "see if you like it" and then change back. With grandfathered plans, this can be tricky to regain. If it's a loyalty plan, you already lost it.

Start is just Go without a hotspot. There's no reason to even try it out. Either you used the hotspot or not, that's the determining factor of which plan to stick with.

0 Likes
mama23dogs

@KKM4 wrote:

I just recently switched (a trial period) from the Go Unlimited Data Plan to the Start Unlimited Data Plan.  From what i can tell, the stats are the same however, i feel like my download speeds have severely reduced in speed and it's only in the middle of the month...does anyone have insight to share? Should i wait until the thirty days are up to switch back?

Classic.    Unless the plan is listed on the website there’s no chance you can get it back once you voluntarily gave it up.  Since the Go Unlimited is retired, sounds like hooey to me.

0 Likes