Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Global Data Plan Change?
marcjburke

When did the Global Data plan change?  About a year ago, VW had unlimited global data, then they changed it and limited it to Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, and Europe- because that's apparently where all business travelers go.  I had resigned myself to change over to ATT when my plan ends because of the rates for Asia, South American were about $20/MB.  But now, I see they have changed once again (probably from the multiple complaints I've seen on these boards) and the rates are much more reasonable and much better coverage.  When did this later change happen?

0 Likes
Re: Global Data Plan Change?
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

January 17th 2011

0 Likes
marcjburke

That sounds like the change when the dumped the unlimited global data, not this new plan.  The new plan is 

50 MB- $30/month
150 MB- $75/month
300 MB- $125/month

This just changed within the last couple of months.  Before there was a similar price structure, but it only had a limited number of countries- mainly North America and Europe.  Nothing in Asia and South America.  Plenty of posts about this.  

0 Likes
silver6055

marcjburke wrote:

That sounds like the change when the dumped the unlimited global data, not this new plan.  The new plan is 

50 MB- $30/month
150 MB- $75/month
300 MB- $125/month

This just changed within the last couple of months.  Before there was a similar price structure, but it only had a limited number of countries- mainly North America and Europe.  Nothing in Asia and South America.  Plenty of posts about this.  

Right, and the 300MB is new as well, I think the max before was 100MB and maybe 200MB in Canada.   This is certainly better, especially in the previously uncovered regions, but still hardly a bargin compared to local sims.  (The old unlimited plan was really good for data though!)

0 Likes