Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grandfathered Global Access and Unlimited Data Plans and Blackberry 10
richHI

Firstly I am new to this forum and I apologize if this thread is elsewhere but I could not find it.

I have a grandfathered GlobalAccess plan and a grandfathered unlimited data plan on my Blackberry with VZW.

I looked to upgrade to a Blackberry 10 with LTE. I was first told that because Blackberry had removed support for BIS my plans would be lost of I went to 4G Blackberry and I had to stay with older models still on sale. I rechecked yesterday and was told no problem you never lose anything. I am not sure either agent fully understood the issues just desired to sell upgrades. As most of my roaming is in Africa which is not covered by any current VZW offering the cost of losing Global Access would thousands of dollars to me so I would have to transfer to AT&T who now have plans covering African countries. Does anyone have experience of Global Access grandfathered plans being carried over to new Blackberry 10's on VZW? Very grateful for any experiences.

0 Likes
Re: Grandfathered Global Access and Unlimited Data Plans and Blackberry 10
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi richHI,

Thanks for the inquiry today. I understand the importance of having access to your desired wireless features. When it comes to your current plan option, these features will be eliminated if discounted pricing is selected. In order to retain these desired features you will need to pay full retail for device, activate your own equipment, or join our new payment plans. Please keep us posted if you have any additional questions, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Re: Grandfathered Global Access and Unlimited Data Plans and Blackberry 10
richHI

Hi

Thanks. Does this mean if I want to ever upgrade to any new Blackberry 3G or 4G I either have to pay full manufacturer price or move my number to a carrier like AT&T who include Africa in their plans? Seems a shame as I have been with Verizon for a very long time. The per Mb charges you charge for Africa make it unusable as a business tool as I am sure you will appreciate.

Best regards

Rich

Sent from my iPhone

<< Personal information removed to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes