Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grandfathered, Unlimited data and being throttled (Optimized).. So frustrated
Hunter999

At this point I'm beyond frustrated.  Threw this whole ordeal I have been dealing with customer service and trying really hard staying professional, but I'm hoping someone here well give me a straight answer.!

My problem started a couple of months ago, when I called in for a question about my bill and the rep. noticed something and told me that I'm being optimized.  As soon as I hung-up with him, I lost my internet connection for 20+ minute. Then it came back with (1k, 3k, 9k, 2k, 0k,0k,2k,...etc.)  I have called VZW and was told that they would fix the problem, few days later problem still there.  Called again, and again, and again. Lost count after 8+ calls to customer service to remedy the problem.  So far this is what happens:

- Called customer service multiple times, "can't do anything, you would have to talk to teer 2 customer service"

- Called teer 2 customer service multiple times " we must follow procedure, before we do anything".

- www.speedtest.net

- re-calibrate

- *228 multiple times.

- Continue to follow procedure, by (multiple visits to VZW store, testing my devices, testing some more, resetting my devices to factory settings, more calling)

I'm a premier customer with VZW, I have been with them as long as I remember. I always recommended them to my collegiate and co-worker and I am always praising their customer service all the time.  However, my attitude is changing after today.  The reason I have been with them all these years is not the company nor how much is costing me, but it was the customer service.  So far with my ordeal, I have  (been hung up on few times, I have been given the wrong name, I have been denied to speak to a supervisor (then hung up on me, or go on hold for 47 min.), or get promised a follow up phone call that never happen (on 5 different occations)).  You might ask how would I know I was given the  (wrong name, or recorded phone calls?  It was by visiting VZW store so many times and the person whom opens my account/records tells me (I don't have this name! last person you talked to was ......).  I have also, come to notice that I have placed few phone calls to customer service that have not been recorded.

Finally, couple of days ago I  visited VZW store again for the 4th. time and this time to speak to the manager and that's when the salesmen there told me that I need to read my contract closely since VZW doesn't guarantee their signal, and that I could go days, weeks, or months without service.  When I asked 'how can someone pays for a service that he/she can't get?' his reply was if you decline to pay your bill it will be forwarded to collection agency.... OMG, that was my reaction, and I left.  Sadly, I  paid my bill today.

So my questions here (since I'm stuck with my contract), how many "Kbytes" should you get on the download, if you are "optimized"?

I have spent countless hours on the phone with customer service and visiting the store.  Time, which I really don't have with 2 jobs, and 6 kids.

0 Likes
Re: Grandfathered, Unlimited data and being throttled (Optimized).. So frustrated
Ann154
Expert
Expert

You might want to read the "Network Optimization" policy.

Edit: Forgot the link.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/information/data_disclosure.html?sayt=network%20optimization*

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Grandfathered, Unlimited data and being throttled (Optimized).. So frustrated
NuDroidUsrr

So according to that document, Network Optimization does not apply to 4G phones? I wonder how long that will last?

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

No one knows at this point.  At least none of us users know.  Maybe the higher up might have planned schedule to change it, which is why they point out in the policy that it can/could change.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes