Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grandfathered plan?
Syther

Hello,

So I guess I should give some background info first. This is a long shot, but I figure that I should try hehe. SO, I am a college student and I was on my family plan for many years with Verizon. When I arrived at college 2.5 years ago, Verizon service was not great in the area and I was dropping a lot of calls. (I had a phone without data at the time).  So i switched to AT&T and I got a phone with UNLIMITED data, which is great in my opinion. I did this by jumping on a family friend's network. This is a pain because I have to send checks every month, etc.  Now that contract is ending and I am interested in rejoining my family plan that has existed for many years, especially with 4G LTE in the area . Would I be able to somehow get unlimited data due to my family plan existing for about 15 years?

-Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Grandfathered plan?
kwm1337
Novice

Sorry, but no. I like your spirit though. The best thing you can do is ask really, but I have not seen anyone successfully accomplish this. The caps were placed for very good reasons and there just is no bending the set-up of data packages, caps, and their pricing. All companies have gone so far as to now explicitly state in their Terms & Conditions that once you let go of any part of a contract deal you cannot revert back to the old plan. Sorry :smileysad:

Best of Luck,

--kwm1337

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kwm1337
Novice

Sorry, but no. I like your spirit though. The best thing you can do is ask really, but I have not seen anyone successfully accomplish this. The caps were placed for very good reasons and there just is no bending the set-up of data packages, caps, and their pricing. All companies have gone so far as to now explicitly state in their Terms & Conditions that once you let go of any part of a contract deal you cannot revert back to the old plan. Sorry :smileysad:

Best of Luck,

--kwm1337

0 Likes
Syther

Thanks

0 Likes