Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HELP - No service, cannot send/receive incoming & outbound calls or text messages
victoria7872

Since I moved to my new apartment in August, I have always had 5 bars of service with no prior service issues (Northport, NY). I came home from work this evening and noticed that I could not send/receive text messages or make or receive any phone calls. I contacted Verizon Wireless where we performed some trouble shooting issues to no avail.  They said there was a service outage in NY but were unable to let me know of the location.  They said the outage should be resolved in 30 min.  Well 90 min later, I had no service.  I contacted Verizon Wireless again and did some more troubleshooting, attempted to reset my phone, which I was unable to activate because I had no service.  We tried activating an older phone but that did not work since I had no service.  They issued a trouble ticket to find out if there was something going on in the area. 

I decided to drive to the next town over to see if I had service, which I did and was able to reactivate the phone.  I was able to talk on the phone until I walked into my apartment where the call was dropped.  I haven't been able to use my cell phone since. I noticed there was a Verizon truck in the driveway yesterday for my landlord, but could this have any bearing on why I do not have any service? I had service last night and this morning in my apartment, so it doesn't make any sense to me.

If someone could provide any explanation, it would be very much appreciated. My cell phone is my work phone, so it is imperative this issue is resolved immediately.

Thanks for your help.

Victoria

0 Likes