Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Having data stream interruptions?
ZephTN

Has anyone else started noticing data stream interruptions lately?

I'm not a video streamer, only a low bandwidth music subscription.

I used to get great continuous streaming now I'm lucky if it will hold through a single song.

Anyone else notice this recently?

I'm also finding that even static pages are having difficulty loading and occasionally require several attempts.

Device: HTC Incredible

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Having data stream interruptions?
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good morning ZephTN

I know songs are just not the same with a bunch of interruptions.  The speed of Internet files or pages may be slower if the memory is full.  Have you tried clearing the Temporary Internet Files?  Also restarting your device daily?  Doing so may increase the data speeds.  Below I have provided you with the steps to do so.

• From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located in the lower-left).
  • Touch Internet.
  • Touch Menu.
  • Touch More
  • Touch Settings
  • Touch Clear cache
  • Touch OK
  • Touch Clear history.
  • Touch OK
  • Touch Clear all cookie data.
  • Touch OK.

Once this is completed, please restart your device, and then see if your data speeds are faster.  You can also view the steps online at this link .

If you still need help with your device, please send me a Private Message, and I will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Having data stream interruptions?
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good morning ZephTN

I know songs are just not the same with a bunch of interruptions.  The speed of Internet files or pages may be slower if the memory is full.  Have you tried clearing the Temporary Internet Files?  Also restarting your device daily?  Doing so may increase the data speeds.  Below I have provided you with the steps to do so.

• From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located in the lower-left).
  • Touch Internet.
  • Touch Menu.
  • Touch More
  • Touch Settings
  • Touch Clear cache
  • Touch OK
  • Touch Clear history.
  • Touch OK
  • Touch Clear all cookie data.
  • Touch OK.

Once this is completed, please restart your device, and then see if your data speeds are faster.  You can also view the steps online at this link .

If you still need help with your device, please send me a Private Message, and I will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,

0 Likes