Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Having problem upgrading USB Modem thru Verizon website
Ziggymeister

I am currently grandfathered in with the "unlimited data plan" from the original alltel contract.  I am currently using the Protech UM150 and certainly by now I am guessing its a bit outdated.  When I was with alltel, I got exceptional speed, but now, am lucky if I can get .5 mbits download, and about .25 mbits upload.  I am assuming upgrading to a 4G usb modem will fix this.  

Here is my problem, I am trying to upgrade online and it won't let me maintain my pre-existing plan.  I do not want to renew it, I just want to replace my equipment.  I am grandfathered in with unlimited data, why will it not allow me to do this.  I use over 100 GB of data plan a month, so there is no way I can afford these new tiered prices and paying the overusage fees.  But, with my internet is getting slower and slower, I need a solution to correct the problem.

0 Likes
Re: Having problem upgrading USB Modem thru Verizon website
Not applicable
Not gonna happen. You can get 5GB for $50 or 10GB for $80.
0 Likes
Re: Having problem upgrading USB Modem thru Verizon website
spottedcatfish

I suspect you're being throttled due to your high usage.  If you're using that much data, you need another provider, Verizon is eventually going try very hard to move you off that plan to one of the plans that Jim mentioned.  The current pricing structure just does not make them a good replacement for other internet providers right now.

0 Likes