Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
HomeFusion 4G/LTE data caps way too low!!! Please raise them!!
TexasRebel

I've had HomeFusion 4G/LTE since January 5th and I absolutely love the speed and low latency over satellite. There's just one big problem that I'm really disturbed about and that's the extremely low data cap it has. I'm paying $135 a month for the 30GB package and I've already hit 25GB in just over 2 weeks. I've watched no movies other than what videos I watch on YouTube. I've downloaded no movies or software in ISO format. I have played WOW a few hours over the past couple of weeks but that uses very little data.

This HomeFusion is being used by a family household and I can tell you that unless I just tell everyone to just not use the internet, there's no way 30GB is going to be enough data. Supposedly for the first 2 months I'm on some kind of promotional period that actually gives me 45GB, but then it's suppose to drop down to the 30GB thereafter.

If VZW doesn't raise the caps to real world usage expectations, then I'm going to be spending $300 a month on this connection just to get the extra 15GB that's being offered during the promotional period. That's $10 per 1GB over your limit, which 15GB is $150, then added to the $135 already which will be $285 plus taxes.. That's outrageous for a fixed 4G/LTE connection to my house.

I'm out in the sticks and probably 1 of only a few that are using the tower for the 4G/LTE it offers. I seriously doubt I'm causing any congestion with how I use my connection.

Hopefully there are other HomeFusion customers that see the need for VZW to amp up the data caps to something more realistic at around 100GB.

Recently an article came out showing that the ISPs were using data caps to solely monetize data usage and it had nothing to do with congestion.

http://www.techspot.com/news/51392-former-fcc-chair-isp-data-caps-are-about-monetization-not-network...

Isn't $135 for a 4G/LTE connection at home already too much?? Come on VZW, please raise the data caps or better yet, eliminate them and just charge for the connection.

Tags (1)
Re: HomeFusion 4G/LTE data caps way too low!!! Please raise them!!
Zmansk88

I am with you I live out in the middle of nowhere I know not many if any use this Home Fusion connection... This in short SUCKS and I have been calling the DSL companies like crazy trying to get them to move there ISP service out to where I am knowing that for the same amount I pay now $60 bucks for 10G now witch is a Joke! I used to live in town and I am on Youtube all the time uploading watching videos It's what I do but now I am losing Subscibers... Smiley Sad It just plan sucks I pay for Xbox live and Netflix but Whats the point! If I can't use them Its almost like having nothing at all... Even this post now is costing me money... All I know is once there is something without a CAP I will cancel this Verizion Crap right away! I think 60 bucks should at least get you 100 to 150 GB easily ! I mean what has 10 GB now a days not even your cell phone has only 10 GB on it we don't live in the past. I found out this CAP reason is all a bunch of lies watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyuIiG4c4Go It explains how there lying to us and I want a company I can trust Clearly that is not Verizon! VERY UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER and will tell others to stay away until something is done.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Youtube videos can be 1080p. I suggest switching to a lower resolution. I'd also check and make sure your Homefusion system is secure and no one is hacking into it. Also check your PC for viruses and spyware. Sorry at this point they really can't go higher than 30 GB they use the same frequencies as LTE of cell phones. There is only so much bandwidth to go around. The issue with wired ISP and their caps is completely different. The cap isn't going up anytime soon. You could always use satellite but their caps aren't any better.

0 Likes
TexasRebel

Man..spare me the `there's only so much bandwidth to go around' speech. I live out in a podunk town that is serviced by AT&T, Verizon and Sprint, along with all the other smaller carriers. There's maybe like a dozen people in my area that might even have HomeFusion and that's because they are crazy enough to shell out $60-$120 a month for a better internet experience than satellite. Actually it's more like $75-$145 after warranty, taxes, and fees. The tower I'm on is fiber fed, so they've got plenty of bandwidth to reach the small population that's willing to pay for the service.

I just want more data than the 30GB,, because number 1, HomeFusion is marketed as a home residential service. It's not like there are thousands of smart phones like in a mid-sized city accessing it. It's a broadband product that is marketed for family use. 30GB is a joke to give a family, when whoever it is that runs the HomeFusion department knows that a family can easily eat up 100GB if everyone were to stream movies and play games. 100GB would be more than enough for the HomeFusion subscriber that has to pay $150 just for internet. LTE is delivering 40+Mbps where I'm located.. I would settle for 10Mbps for my needs.

If Verizon is so concerned about bandwidth consumption, then use QoS metrics to balance out the bandwidth to everyone connected to a specific tower if congestion is detected.. You act like if someone uses 100GB of data over a wireless connection it's eating up all the available bandwidth a tower might have.. Not really. Suppose that 100GB is being scheduled to download at late night when the network is generally idle??

I've had both Exede and Hughesnet Gen4. Fast they are, but they pull the same crap that the wireless carriers are pulling.. Claiming that people who use too much data are congesting their networks.. That's a load of crap. What's congesting the network is having low bandwidth and having too many people eating up that bandwidth to download content.. If you have 50Mbps wireless that download takes a fraction of the time it would take someone with 3-5Mbps. They get what they want fast and the available bandwidth becomes free again for whoever else may need it.

It's basically called control. The carriers want control of what you can do on their networks. It used to be subscribers just paid for the connection fee and they did what they wanted. But ever since carriers thought they could monetize data usage and there's no law for them to not do it, they do whatever they want, squeezing the customer for more and more money...

VZW has 115 million subscribers.. do the math. They make billions each month. They make more than enough money to put back into their network to increase capacity. So does AT&T. If either carrier doesn't want their wireless networks to become too congested, then start upgrading their wireline services to fiber/cable instead of claiming they are dumping wireline services and pushing people to wireless..

Not applicable

TexasRebel wrote:

Man..spare me the `there's only so much bandwidth to go around' speech. I live out in a podunk town that is serviced by AT&T, Verizon and Sprint, along with all the other smaller carriers. There's maybe like a dozen people in my area that might even have HomeFusion and that's because they are crazy enough to shell out $60-$120 a month for a better internet experience than satellite.

Just because YOUR area has few people doesn't mean that what Verizon should base pricing on. Verizon has standardize pricing. So they have to price for ALL areas.

I just want more data than the 30GB,, because number 1, HomeFusion is marketed as a home residential service. It's not like there are thousands of smart phones like in a mid-sized city accessing it. It's a broadband product that is marketed for family use. 30GB is a joke to give a family, when whoever it is that runs the HomeFusion department knows that a family can easily eat up 100GB if everyone were to stream movies and play games. 100GB would be more than enough for the HomeFusion subscriber that has to pay $150 just for internet. LTE is delivering 40+Mbps where I'm located.. I would settle for 10Mbps for my needs.

LTE is not a replacement for REAL internet. That's just factual. So if yo want REAL internet you'll have to move where it is. Maybe that's not fair but that's the reality. Maybe in a couple of years you can get more than 30 GB.

If Verizon is so concerned about bandwidth consumption, then use QoS metrics to balance out the bandwidth to everyone connected to a specific tower if congestion is detected.. You act like if someone uses 100GB of data over a wireless connection it's eating up all the available bandwidth a tower might have.. Not really. Suppose that 100GB is being scheduled to download at late night when the network is generally idle??

Ok then everyone will get 500 kbps. How does that sound?

I've had both Exede and Hughesnet Gen4. Fast they are, but they pull the same crap that the wireless carriers are pulling.. Claiming that people who use too much data are congesting their networks.. That's a load of crap. What's congesting the network is having low bandwidth and having too many people eating up that bandwidth to download content.. If you have 50Mbps wireless that download takes a fraction of the time it would take someone with 3-5Mbps. They get what they want fast and the available bandwidth becomes free again for whoever else may need it.

Just like mobile they are bandwidth constrained. You can belive what you want. Not believing the truth doesn't make it not true. 2+2=4 no matter how much you want it to equal 5.

It's basically called control. The carriers want control of what you can do on their networks. It used to be subscribers just paid for the connection fee and they did what they wanted. But ever since carriers thought they could monetize data usage and there's no law for them to not do it, they do whatever they want, squeezing the customer for more and more money...

Even if what you said was 100% true there is nothing you can do about it. Coming here to complain certainly won't do anything. Your choice is to either pay or not to pay.

VZW has 115 million subscribers.. do the math. They make billions each month. They make more than enough money to put back into their network to increase capacity. So does AT&T. If either carrier doesn't want their wireless networks to become too congested, then start upgrading their wireline services to fiber/cable instead of claiming they are dumping wireline services and pushing people to wireless..

Actually they do invest in their networks. They spend billions each year. Verizon has 20 MHz total for LTE right now. 10 for uplink 10 for downlink. That has to be share with Homefusion and mobile data customers both residential and business. Spectrum is a finite resource. It will take time to acquire and deploy it. Try doing some research on how mobile technology works before question the validity of what I'm saying. I did the research you should too. My posts are based on FACTS not wishes or conspiracy theories..

0 Likes
TexasRebel

I run into you types all over the net. Always siding with the corporations and their tactics..

Perhaps you haven't been reading the trade magazines. Both AT&T, and Verizon are cutting back on their wireline services and pushing people towards their wireless products.. I would say LTE is pretty much the replacement broadband technology. Oh and Verizon is rolling out LTE on the other spectrum bands they already use for wireless. Look at the whitepapers for HomeFusion. They plan on delivering phone and television programming over the spectrum as well just like FIOS. Don't give me this crap about there not being enough bandwidth. By the end of this year Verizon will have their AWS spectrum blocks running with LTE. The 600Mhz spectrum is the next band they will be rolling out LTE on..

The truth is LTE is going to be used to rollout services to replace wireline services like DSL. Both major carriers have stated as much.

Lastly, I know full well how mobile technology works. >This comment was deleted along with some minor editing to allow the post back on the board<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Zmansk88

Yeah That makes scents! I now have the amazing Verizon 4G LTE fastest speeds ever and what should I do with this awesome speed?! I know watch all my videos on 240p! you're a genius why did't I think of that? Because that would be so Fricking Stupid!

0 Likes
Not applicable

I'm not siding with anyone. I'm presenting FACTS which is a lot more than you do. I ask for FACTS you don't provide them. Are you the same TexasRebel that post as DSLreports? I bet you are.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well you can watch at 1080p and it will be slow than 1X with everyone on unlimited data. Which part of that are you not getting? A 8 lane freeway is not faster than a 2 lane country highway if it's rush hour and the freeway has wall to wall traffic.

0 Likes
TexasRebel

The FACTS you claim have all been refuted by multiple articles and videos claiming that data capping and network congestion are one in the same. Just bogus propaganda that's meant to keep the technological ill informed that there's a problem when there really isn't a problem.

You ask for FACTS to back up your finite belief that data capping is necessary because it cuts down network congestion. You never bothered to recognize that all the major carriers are pushing for legacy wireline customers to go wireless. If the carriers are so concerned about network congestion, then why are they pushing more people to wireless products??? Why not just invest more in wireline upgrades to keep the wireless spectrum not so congested?

You also didn't bother to acknowledge that VZW is planning on delivering television and phone service over LTE. That alone would eat up more bandwidth then any number of people streaming movies would do.

Lastly, yeah I was on DSL reports with the same alias and got booted for making statements that weren't politically correct. That seems to be the times we live in nowdays.. Unpopular speech or talk is frowned upon. Even more evidence that it's all about control.