Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do a buy a new line for an existing family plan online?
alee

Been looking online for the past hour or so, and am hitting a wall.

I've done a few dry runs trying to buy a phone and my choices always end up "New Individual Plan" or "New Family Plan", but none of them allow me to add an additional line to my existing family plan.

1. Is there currently a way to add another line to my family plan through the website or do I have to call to do this?

2. If I went and just bought it as a new individual plan, can customer service switch that to a proper "line 2" for my family plan when the phone arrives?

-Al

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: How do a buy a new line for an existing family plan online?
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks, Jimifitzgerald, for your reply.

OP/

Hello alee,

I'd be happy to advise how you can conveniently add a new line of service and change to a Family Share Plan via My Verizon. Simply follow these steps:

1. Login to My Verizon.
  2. Under I Want To... Select Add New Device
  3. Accept the Terms and Conditions and Select Continue
  4. Select your device.
  5. Select I want to upgrade to a Family Share Plan

If you select an individual plan for the line you're adding you can always login to My Verizon once you activate your device and convert your lines into a Family Share Plan. Thanks for continuing to Rule the Air with Verizon Wireless!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable
You should simply be able to log into your account and order the phone and add it as a new line. That's what I did when I bought my Droid and also a Xoom, which I quickly returned.
0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks, Jimifitzgerald, for your reply.

OP/

Hello alee,

I'd be happy to advise how you can conveniently add a new line of service and change to a Family Share Plan via My Verizon. Simply follow these steps:

1. Login to My Verizon.
  2. Under I Want To... Select Add New Device
  3. Accept the Terms and Conditions and Select Continue
  4. Select your device.
  5. Select I want to upgrade to a Family Share Plan

If you select an individual plan for the line you're adding you can always login to My Verizon once you activate your device and convert your lines into a Family Share Plan. Thanks for continuing to Rule the Air with Verizon Wireless!

0 Likes